For status updates, visit lucyburns.org.
Ballotpedia's coverage of elections held on March 3, 2015, was limited. Select races were covered live, and all results will be added once the merger is complete.
|Michigan House of Representatives, District 43|
|January 1, 2015 - present|
|December 31, 2016|
|Years in position||0|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
|Term limits||3 terms|
2015 legislative session
At the beginning of the 2015 legislative session, Tedder served on the following committees:
|Michigan Committee Assignments, 2015|
|• Communications and Technology|
|• Health Policy|
|• Workforce and Talent Development, Majority Vice Chair|
Tedder's website highlighted the following campaign themes:
Budget and Taxes
- Excerpt: "Raising taxes is not an option to solving the budgetary woes of the present and future. Simply put, Jim will stand firm against raising taxes on Michigan families already overburdened by shrinking wages and rising costs."
Promoting Business and Commerce
- Excerpt: "As a small business owner, Jim knows the importance of saving businesses money and time. A careful evaluation of every new regulation will need to be undertaken. Further, Jim will seek to eliminate egregious regulations currently in place, especially as they impose barriers to entry for aspiring new enterprises vital to an economic renaissance."
- Excerpt: "As an educator, Jim knows how important it is to provide quality and efficient services to our kids. Michigan’s future is relying on properly spending and managing our public school systems, even in trying financial times."
- Excerpt: "It is no secret that our infrastructure is in terrible condition. Lack of investment in our roads year after year has come back to haunt us this winter. Jim will turn over every rock in Lansing looking for dollars to fix this problem. Good, safe roads are an integral foundation to attracting new businesses and jobs to Michigan. Jim will boldly accept the charge to make fixing roads a top legislative priority."
Elections for the office of Michigan House of Representatives took place in 2014. A primary election was held on August 5, 2014, and a general election was held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was April 22, 2014. Dennis Ritter defeated Neil Billington and Robin McGregor in the Democratic primary. Jim Tedder defeated Jose Aliaga, Paul Greenawalt, Nate Knapper and Andrea Schroeder in the Republican primary. Tedder defeated Ritter in the general election.
|Michigan House of Representatives, District 43 General Election, 2014|
|Michigan House of Representatives, District 43 Democratic Primary, 2014|
|Michigan House of Representatives, District 43 Republican Primary, 2014|
In 2014, Tedder's endorsements included the following:
- Right to Life of Michigan
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Jim + Tedder + Michigan + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Michigan House of Representatives
- Michigan House of Representatives District 43
- Michigan House of Representatives elections, 2014
- Michigan State Legislature
- Michigan House Republicans - Jim Tedder
- Official campaign website
- Profile from Vote-USA
- Legislative Profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Jim Tedder on Facebook
- votejimtedder.com, "Positions & Issues," accessed July 29, 2014
- Michigan Secretary of State, "Representative in State Legislature," accessed August 6, 2014
- Michigan Secretary of State, "Representative in State Legislature," accessed December 5, 2014
- Michigan Secretary of State, "2014 Official Michigan Primary Candidate Listing," accessed May 27, 2014
- Michigan Secretary of State, "2014 Official Michigan General Candidate Listing," accessed September 8, 2014
- Right to Life of Michigan, "Elections," accessed June 18, 2014
Gail Haines (R)
|Michigan House of Representatives District 43
| Succeeded by|
State of Michigan
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor General | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Director of Agriculture and Rural Development | Director of Natural Resources | Director of Labor and Economic Growth | Chairman of Public Service Commission |