|Michigan House of Representatives, District 43|
|Elections and appointments|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
Tedder's website highlights the following campaign themes:
Budget and Taxes
- Excerpt: "Raising taxes is not an option to solving the budgetary woes of the present and future. Simply put, Jim will stand firm against raising taxes on Michigan families already overburdened by shrinking wages and rising costs."
Promoting Business and Commerce
- Excerpt: "As a small business owner, Jim knows the importance of saving businesses money and time. A careful evaluation of every new regulation will need to be undertaken. Further, Jim will seek to eliminate egregious regulations currently in place, especially as they impose barriers to entry for aspiring new enterprises vital to an economic renaissance."
- Excerpt: "As an educator, Jim knows how important it is to provide quality and efficient services to our kids. Michigan’s future is relying on properly spending and managing our public school systems, even in trying financial times."
- Excerpt: "It is no secret that our infrastructure is in terrible condition. Lack of investment in our roads year after year has come back to haunt us this winter. Jim will turn over every rock in Lansing looking for dollars to fix this problem. Good, safe roads are an integral foundation to attracting new businesses and jobs to Michigan. Jim will boldly accept the charge to make fixing roads a top legislative priority."
Elections for the office of Michigan House of Representatives will take place in 2014. A primary election was held on August 5, 2014, and a general election will take place on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was April 22, 2014. Dennis Ritter defeated Neil Billington and Robin McGregor in the Democratic primary. Jim Tedder defeated Jose Aliaga, Paul Greenawalt, Nate Knapper and Andrea Schroeder in the Republican primary.
|Michigan House of Representatives, District 43 Democratic Primary, 2014|
|Michigan House of Representatives, District 43 Republican Primary, 2014|
In 2014, Tedder's endorsements include:
- Right to Life of Michigan
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Jim + Tedder + Michigan + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Michigan House of Representatives
- Michigan House of Representatives District 43
- Michigan House of Representatives elections, 2014
- Michigan State Legislature
- Official campaign website
- Profile from Vote-USA
- Legislative Profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Jim Tedder on Facebook
- Michigan Secretary of State, "2014 Official Michigan Primary Candidate Listing," accessed May 27, 2014
- Michigan Secretary of State, "2014 Official Michigan General Candidate Listing," accessed September 8, 2014
- votejimtedder.com, "Positions & Issues," accessed July 29, 2014
- Michigan Secretary of State, "Representative in State Legislature," accessed August 6, 2014
- Right to Life of Michigan, "Elections," accessed June 18, 2014
State of Michigan
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor General | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Director of Agriculture and Rural Development | Director of Natural Resources | Director of Labor and Economic Growth | Chairman of Public Service Commission |
Michigan Supreme Court | Supreme Court Elections | Court of Appeals | First Circuit Court of Appeals | Second Circuit Court of Appeals | Third Circuit Court of Appeals | Fourth Circuit Court of Appeals | List of Michigan Circuit Courts | Judicial Nominating Commission | Judicial news | Judicial activist organizations |