|Former candidate for|
|Michigan House of Representatives, District 78|
Walker's website highlighted the following campaign themes:
- Excerpt: "Reduce the amount of regulations on our lifeblood-small business and farms."
- Excerpt: "Defend our Right to Work."
- Excerpt: "Strengthen the family by fostering a better approach to maintain families that are stressed and destroyed by our court system and tax code."
- Excerpt: "Work to Stop Common Core"
- Excerpt: "Help return the Michigan legislature to a part time legislature. 46 states have part time governments. Sitting in Lansing full time time just gives politicians more time to spend our money and restrict our freedoms."
Elections for the office of Michigan House of Representatives took place in 2014. A primary election was held on August 5, 2014, and a general election was held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was April 22, 2014. Cartier Shields was unopposed in the Democratic primary. Incumbent Dave Pagel defeated Jim Walker in the Republican primary. Pagel defeated Shields in the general election.
|Michigan House of Representatives, District 78 General Election, 2014|
|Republican||Dave Pagel Incumbent||67.2%||15,360|
|Michigan House of Representatives, District 78 Republican Primary, 2014|
|Dave Pagel Incumbent||75.6%||4,348|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Jim + Walker + Michigan + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Michigan House of Representatives
- Michigan House of Representatives District 78
- Michigan House of Representatives elections, 2014
- Michigan State Legislature
- Official campaign website
- Legislative Profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Profile from Vote-USA
- Jim Walker on Facebook
- Jim Walker on Twitter
- Michigan Secretary of State, "2014 Official Michigan Primary Candidate Listing," accessed May 27, 2014
- votejimwalker.com, "About," accessed July 31, 2014
- Michigan Secretary of State, "Representative in State Legislature," accessed August 6, 2014
- Michigan Secretary of State, "Representative in State Legislature," accessed December 5, 2014
- Michigan Secretary of State, "2014 Official Michigan General Candidate Listing," accessed September 8, 2014
State of Michigan
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor General | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Director of Agriculture and Rural Development | Director of Natural Resources | Director of Labor and Economic Growth | Chairman of Public Service Commission |
Michigan Supreme Court | Supreme Court Elections | Court of Appeals | First Circuit Court of Appeals | Second Circuit Court of Appeals | Third Circuit Court of Appeals | Fourth Circuit Court of Appeals | List of Michigan Circuit Courts | Judicial Nominating Commission | Judicial news | Judicial activist organizations |