Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Michigan State Senate, District 26|
|Elections and appointments|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
Walters' website highlights the following campaign themes:
Protect Michigan’s valuable natural resources
- Excerpt: "I will work to reinstate the DNR’s mission of basing environmental usage decisions on scientific evidence rather than solely on “big money” interests."
Raising the state minimum wage – a Win/Win
- Excerpt: "At $10.10/hour, thousands of Michigan families will be lifted out of poverty, and Michigan taxpayers will no longer have to provide them with bridge cards, a huge boost to families, our economy, and a significant saving for taxpayers."
Support Public Education
- Excerpt: "No state or business can cut its way to prosperity. Education funding is a critical investment that pays dividends by raising the capability and earnings of workers, saving taxpayer money by reducing the number of people receiving food stamps, and by reducing the number of people incarcerated"
Women and Families need an advocate in Lansing
- Excerpt: "State government should not be interfering in the relationship between women, their doctors and their insurance companies."
- See also: Michigan State Senate elections, 2014
Elections for the office of Michigan State Senate will take place in 2014. A primary election was held on August 5, 2014, and a general election will take place on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was April 22, 2014. Jim Walters was unopposed in the Democratic primary. Incumbent Tonya Schuitmaker was unopposed in the Republican primary. William Wenzel is running as a Libertarian primary.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Jim + Walters + Michigan + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Michigan State Senate
- Michigan State Senate District 26
- Michigan State Senate elections, 2014
- Michigan State Legislature
- Official campaign website
- Legislative Profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Jim Walters on Facebook
- Michigan Secretary of State, “2014 Unofficial Michigan Primary Candidate Listing,” accessed May 1, 2014
- waltersforsenate.com, "Issues," accessed July 18, 2014
- Michigan Secretary of State, "State Senator," accessed August 6, 2014
- Michigan Secretary of State, "2014 Official Michigan Primary Candidate Listing," accessed May 27, 2014
- Michigan Secretary of State, "2014 Official Michigan General Candidate Listing," accessed September 8, 2014