For status updates, visit lucyburns.org.
Ballotpedia's coverage of elections held on March 3, 2015, was limited. Select races were covered live, and all results will be added once the merger is complete.
|Former candidate for|
|Idaho House of Representatives, District 16A|
|High school||Lewiston High School|
|Bachelor's||University of Montana (2000)|
|Place of birth||Lewiston, ID|
|Profession||Football Player (Retired)|
- Lewiston High School
- 2000: University of Montana, Marketing and Management
Farris worked as a wide receiver for several seasons with the San Francisco 49ers, New England Patriots, Atlanta Falcons and the Washington Redskins. He was a member of the 2001 New England Patriots Super Bowl Championship team.
Farris also founded the non-profit The Jimmy Farris Future Leaders Foundation, which helps to equipping and developing young leaders with the skills necessary to excel academically, spiritually, socially and athletically.
Elections for the office of Idaho House of Representatives took place in 2014. A primary election took place on May 20, 2014. The general election was held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was March 14, 2014. John McCrostie defeated Jimmy Farris and Jeff Stephenson in the Democratic primary, while Rosann Wiltse was unopposed in the Republican primary. McCrostie defeated Wiltse in the general election.
|Idaho House of Representatives, District 16A, General Election, 2014|
|Idaho House of Representatives, District 16A Democratic Primary, 2014|
Farris ran in the 2012 election for the U.S. House to represent Idaho's 1st District. Farris won the nomination on the Democratic ticket. Farris defeated Cynthia Clinkingbeard in the Democratic primary. He faced Pro-Life (I), incumbent Raul Labrador (R) and Rob Oates (L) in the general election on November 6, 2012, and was defeated by Labrador.
|U.S. House, Idaho District 1 General Election, 2012|
|Republican||Raul R. Labrador Incumbent||63%||199,402|
|Source: Idaho Secretary of State "November 6, 2012 General Election Results"|
|U.S. House, Idaho District 1 Democratic Primary, 2012|
|U.S. House, Idaho District 1, 2012 - Jimmy Farris Campaign Contributions|
|Total Raised by Election Winner||$830,196|
|Total Spent by Election Winner||$604,719|
|Top contributors to Jimmy Farris's campaign committee|
|Communications Workers of America||$5,000|
|Intl Brotherhood of Electrical Workers||$5,000|
|International Assn of Fire Fighters||$3,000|
|Top 5 industries that contributed to campaign committee|
|Building Trade Unions||$5,000|
|Public Sector Unions||$3,000|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Jimmy + Farris + Idaho + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Idaho House of Representatives
- Idaho House of Representatives elections, 2014
- Idaho State Legislature
- Official campaign website
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Jimmy Farris on Facebook
- Jimmy Farris on Twitter
- Jimmy Farris on YouTube
- Jimmy Farris for Congress, "Meet Jimmy" accessed March 29, 2012
- Idaho Secretary of State, "Official candidate list," accessed March 18, 2014
- Idaho Secretary of State, "Official primary election results," accessed June 12, 2014
- Idaho Secretary of State, "Official general election results," accessed November 20, 2014
- Roll Call, "Ex-NFL Player to Challenge Labrador in Idaho" accessed December 5, 2011
- Idaho Secretary of State "2012 Primary Results"
- OpenSecrets, "2012 Election" accessed March 21, 2013