Jo Ann Pottorff
|Jo Ann Pottorff|
|Kansas House of Representatives District 83|
|1985 - 2013|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 2, 2010|
|Bachelor's||Kansas State University|
|Master's||St. Louis University|
|Place of birth||Wichita, Kansas|
Pottorff is a member of the Business Education Success Team, East Wichita Rotary, Forum for Executive Women, Wichita Chamber of Commerce, and National Assessment Governing Board.
She has a B.A. in Elementary Education from Kansas State University and an M.A. in Urban Education from St. Louis University.
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Pottorff served on the following committees:
- Appropriations Committee, Kansas House of Representatives
- Legislative Educational Planning Committee, Kansas State Legislature
- State Building Construction Committee, Kansas State Legislature, Chair
- Transportation Committee, Kansas House of Representatives
- Transportation and Public Safety Budget Committee, Kansas House of Representatives, Vice Chair
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Pottorff served on the following committees:
- Commerce and Labor Committee, House of Representatives
- General Government Budget Committee, House of Representatives
- Transportation and Public Safety Budget Committee, House of Representatives
- State Building Construction Joint Committee, State Legislature (Chair)
- Joint Committee on Legislative Educational Planning
Pottorff refused to take Project Vote Smart's 2008 Political Courage Test. The test, which is administered to all candidates for presidential, congressional, gubernatorial, and state legislative offices, asks one central question - "Are you willing to tell citizens your positions on the issues you will most likely face on their behalf?"
- H 2245 Fair credit reporting act, credit freeze. 02/05/2009
Pottorff won re-election to the 83rd District seat against Sean Amore (D) and Gordon Bakken (L). In the August 3rd primary election, Pottorff defeated Republican primary opponent Kyle Amos by a margin of 2,251 to 2,004. The general election took place on November 2, 2010.
|Kansas House of Representatives, District 83 General Election (2010)|
|Jo Ann Pottorff (R)||6,242|
|Sean Amore (D)||1,801|
|Gordon Bakken (L)||507|
On November 4, 2008, Pottorff was re-elected to the 83rd District Seat in the Kansas House of Representatives, defeating David Cook (D) and Shawn Smith (L). Pottorff raised $22,057 for her campaign, while Cook and Smith each raised $0.
|Kansas House of Representatives, District 83|
|Jo Ann Pottorff (R)||7,215||67.8%|
|David Cook (D)||2,945||27.6%|
|Shawn Smith (L)||472||4.4%|
In 2010, Pottorff received $38,478 in campaign donations. The largest contributors to the campaign are listed below.
|Kansas House of Representatives 2010 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Jo Ann Pottorff's campaign in 2010|
|Raindrop Foundation Trip Account||$1,300|
|Kansas Association Of Realtors||$1,000|
|Prairie Band Potawatomi Nation||$1,000|
|Kansas Optometric Association||$1,000|
|Wichita-Hutchinson Labor Federation||$1,000|
|Total Raised in 2010||$38,478|
In 2008 Pottorff collected $22,057 in donations.
Her five largest contributors were:
|Kansans for Lifesaving Cures||$1,000|
|Greater Kansas City Chamber of Commerce||$1,000|
|Kansas National Education Association||$1,000|
|Kansas Association of Realtors||$1,000|
|Kansas Contractors Association||$1,000|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Jo Ann + Pottorff + Kansas + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Kansas Legislature - Jo Ann Pottorff
- Project Vote Smart profile
- Kansas Votes profile
- State Surge - Legislative and voting track record
- Campaign contributions: 1996,2000, 2002, 2004, 2006, 2008
- Project Vote Smart - Rep. Jo Ann Pottorff Biography
- Project Vote Smart - Rep. Pottorff Issue Positions
- Kansas Legislature - Bills Introduced by Member
- Official Kansas House of Representatives General Election Results, 2010
- 2008 Kansas Election Results
- Kansas House of Representatives, 2008 Money Raised
- Follow the Money - 2010 Campaign contributions
- Follow the Money - 2008 Campaign Contributions
|Kansas House of Representatives District 83
| Succeeded by|
Carolyn Bridges (D)
State of Kansas
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture | Secretary of Wildlife and Parks | Secretary of Labor | Corporation Commission |