Jo Boggess Phillips
|Jo Boggess Phillips|
|West Virginia House of Delegates, District 12|
|Master's||Marshall University and University of West Virginia|
Phillips served on the Jackson County Board of Education from 2002-2007.
Phillips earned her Bachelor's from Marietta College and Master's in Public Administration from Marshall University. She earned a second Master's degree in Public Policy from the University of West Virginia. Phillips is currently an adjunct professor at West Virginia University at Parkersburg, teaching online Political Science courses, and a social studies teacher at Ripley High School.
Phillips ran in the 2012 election for West Virginia House of Delegates, District 12. Phillips ran unopposed in the May 8 primary election and was challenged by Steve Westfall and Justin Johnson in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
|West Virginia House of Delegates, District 12, General Election, 2012|
|Democratic||Jo Boggess Phillips||45.2%||3,131|
|West Virginia State Senate, District 12 Democratic Primary (2010)|
|Jo Boggess Phillips (D)||1,142||50.94%|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Jo + Phillips + West + Virginia + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Campaign website
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2012
- Phillips on Facebook
- Phillips' campaign website - About Jo
- WBOY.com, "West Virginia General Election Results November 6, 2012" accessed November 7, 2012
- West Virginia Secretary of State, "Statewide Results - General Election - November 6, 2012," accessed February 12, 2014
- West Virginia Secretary of State, "Statewide Results - Primary Election - May 8, 2012," accessed February 12, 2014
- West Virginia Secretary of State, "Statewide Results - General Election - November 2, 2010," accessed February 11, 2014
- West Virginia Secretary of State, "Statewide Results - Primary Election - May 11, 2010," accessed February 11, 2014
State of West Virginia
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Superintendent of Schools | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Director of Natural Resources | Commissioner of Labor | Chairman of Public Service Commission |