Jo Ellen Litz
|Jo Ellen Litz|
|Governor of Pennsylvania|
|Bachelor's||Kennedy Western University (2002)|
|Associate's||Lebanon Valley College (1988)|
|Birthday||January 1, 1951|
|Place of birth||Lebanon, Pennsylvania|
|Profession||Owner, Litz Company Commercial Rentals|
Litz is currently a Lebanon County Commissioner. She has served in this role since 2004, previously serving from 1996 to 1999. She is the owner of Litz Company Commercial Rentals.
- Advanced Academy Certification, Academy of Excellence in County Government, 2006
- BA, Leadership/Management, Kennedy Western University, 2002
- AA, Lebanon Valley College, 1988
Litz supported the controversial ballot access signature requirement for independent candidates in Pennsylvania. Independent candidates are required to obtain signatures equal to 2% of the highest statewide vote in the previous election, which, in 2014, would be equal to 17,000 signatures. Litz claimed that third party candidates that protested this requirement were looking for sympathy where it had not been earned.
“A libertarian or independent candidate can set up at a flea market and they can approach anybody on god’s green earth who is a registered voter and ask them to sign their petition. They have more time to do it and they’re not standing out in the road, and the ice and the wind like we are right now. So they have better conditions, they can ask anybody, so why wouldn’t they bring in more signatures? They’re looking for sympathy,” Litz stated.
Litz failed to submit enough signatures by the March 11, 2014 filing deadline for party candidates.
Litz identified four main issues in a campaign YouTube video:
- School property taxes Excerpt: "Eliminate school property tax and implement a graduated income tax."
- Farm preservation Excerpt: "Farm preservation is critical to support farmers and ensure that food is grown in the USA, not imported like our oil."
- Solar "It's one way to recapture natural energy and reduce our dependency on foreign oil."
- Jobs "I'm the commissioner liaison for both the local chamber and economic development corporation."
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Jo Ellen + Litz + Pennsylvania + Governor"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Commissioner Jo Ellen Litz
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Litz on Facebook
- Litz's YouTube channel
- Litz on LinkedIn
- Jo Ellen Litz for Governor 2014, "Campaign Homepage," accessed July 16, 2013
- Project Vote Smart, "Commissioner Jo Ellen Litz's Biography," accessed June 18, 2013
- Lebanon Daily News, "Litz to announce run for governor July 2," June 18, 2013
- Centre Daily Times, "Pa. filings leave Corbett facing new challenge," March 12, 2014
- Philadelphia Weekly, IRONY: Ballot-access opposing Pa guv candidate fails to access ballot, March 12, 2014
- 2010 general election results from the Pennsylvania Secretary of State's office
- "48th Senate Issues by Jo Ellen Litz"
State of Pennsylvania
|State executive offices||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor General | Secretary of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture | Secretary of Conservation and Natural Resources | Secretary of Labor & Industry | Chairman of Public Utilities |