|Missouri State Senate District 24|
| Term in office began|
| Term in office ended|
Bray earned her B.A. in English from Southwestern University in 1967. She went on to receive her MEd in Counseling and Human Relations from the University of Massachusetts-Amherst in 1970. She then earned her CAGS the following year.
Bray was an Editor for the San Antonio Express-News from 1976 to 1982. She then worked as Editor/Reporter for Saint Louis Post-Dispatch from 1983 to 1989. The following year she worked as a self-employed Freelance Journalist. From 1990 to 1992 she was District Director for Congresswoman Joan Kelly Horn. She has also worked as Adjunct Faculty Member for Webster University and Saint Louis University in 1993 and 1994, respectively.
Bray served in the Missouri State House of Representatives from 1992 to 2002. She then joined the Missouri State Senate in 2002. She has served in that position since, representing the 24th District.
Bray and her husband, Carl Hoagland, have two children.
- Administration Committee, Missouri Senate
- Appropriations Committee, Missouri Senate
- Commerce, Consumer Protection, Energy and the Environment Committee, Missouri Senate
- Rules, Joint Rules, Resolutions & Ethics Committee, Missouri Senate
- Small Business, Insurance and Industry Committee, Missouri Senate
- Transportation Committee, Missouri Senate
- Ways and Means Committee, Missouri Senate
- See also: Missouri State Senate elections, 2010
|Missouri State Senate, District 24 (2006)|
|Joan Bray (D)||41,173||60.6%|
|John Maupin (R)||26,738||39.4%|
|Missouri State Senate, District 24 (2002)|
|Joan Bray (D)||33,799||51.6%|
|John Lewis (R)||30,559||46.7%|
|Dick Illyes (L)||1,130||1.7%|
In 2008, a year she was not up for re-election, Bray collected $26,171 in donations.
Her five largest contributors in 2008 were:
|Nixon for Governor||$5,000|
|24th Democratic Senatorial District Committee||$1,000|
|Coventry Healthcare of Kansas||$1,000|
|Missouri Soybean Association||$1,000|
|Missouri Cable Telecommunications Association||$650|
- Joan Bray's official Missouri Senate member page
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative Profile from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2008, 2006, 2004, 2002, 2000, 1998
- Sen. Bray on State Surge
|Missouri State Senate District 24
| Succeeded by|