|New York State Assembly District 119|
| Term in office began|
| Term in office ended|
Christensen's professional experiences include placement office for Northwestern University Law School, environmental health office for Syracuse University, and site secretary for Turner Construction Company.
Christensen attended Syracuse University and received a diploma from Metropolitan Business College. She has four children. 
Christensen did not run for re-election in 2010.
On November 4, 2008 Christensen won re-election to the New York State Assembly, District 119, defeating opponent Christina Fitch (R).
Christensen raised $54,640 for her campaign while Fitch raised $56,975.
|New York State Assembly, District 119 2008|
|Joan Christensen (D)||35,371|
|Christina Fitch (R)||15,639|
- Housing Committee, New York Assembly
- Insurance Committee, New York Assembly
- Labor Committee, New York Assembly
- Real Property Taxation Committee, New York Assembly
- Small Business Committee, New York Assembly
- New York Assembly - Rep. Joan Christensen
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2008, 2006, 2004, 2002, 2000, 1998
|New York Assembly - District 119
| Succeeded by|
State of New York
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Comptroller | Commissioner of Education | Superintendent of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of Environmental Conservation | Commissioner of Labor | Chairman of Public Service Commission |
New York Supreme Court | Trial Court | Supreme Court, Appellate Division | Civil Courts | County Courts | Surrogate Courts | Family Courts | Civil Courts | Court of Statewide Claims | Town Courts | Village Courts | City Civil Court | City Criminal Court | District Court Nassau & Suffolk | City Courts (Outside New York City) | Judicial Nominating Commission | Judicial news | Judicial activist organizations |