|Wyoming Director of Workforce Services|
|2007 – present|
|Years in position||8|
|Elections and appointments|
|Appointed by||Gov. Dave Freudenthal|
|Bachelor's||University of Wyoming (1988)|
|Master's||University of Wyoming (1998)|
Evans holds a B.S. in Finance and an M.A. in Adult Education, both from the University of Wyoming.
- B.S. in Finance - University of Wyoming (1988)
- M.A. in Adult Education - University of Wyoming (1998)
Wyoming Director of Workforce Services (2007-present)
Evans has served as Wyoming Director of Workforce Services since 2007.
Evans was re-appointed as Wyoming Director of Workforce Services by Gov. Matt Mead on January 5, 2011. At the same time he also named her director of the Wyoming Department of Employment, proposing to merge the two agencies.
Wyoming's population in 2014 was 584,153 according to the United States Census Bureau. This estimate represented a 3.6 percent change from the bureau's 2010 estimate. The state's population per square mile was 5.8 in 2010, trailing the national average of 87.4. Wyoming experienced a 2.8 percent increase in total employment from 2011 to 2012 based on census data, exceeding a 2.2 percent increase at the national level during the same period.
Wyoming fell below the national average for residents who attained at least bachelor's degrees based on census data from 2009 to 2013. The United States Census Bureau found that 24.7 percent of Wyoming residents aged 25 years and older attained bachelor's degrees compared to 28.8 percent at the national level. The median household income in Wyoming was $57,406 between 2009 and 2013 compared to a $53,046 national median income. Census information showed a 10.9 percent poverty rate in Wyoming during the study period compared to a 14.5 percent national poverty rate.
Note: Each column will add up to 100 percent after removing the "Hispanic or Latino" percentage, although rounding by the Census Bureau may make the total one- or two-tenths off. Read more about race and ethnicity in the Census here.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Joan + Evans + Wyoming + Labor"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Wyoming Business Report, "Evans appointed head of dual agency," January 5, 2011
- High Beam Research, "JOAN EVANS APPOINTED AS HEAD OF WYOMING DEPARTMENT OF WORKFORCE SERVICES," December 11, 2006
- Wyoming Education Coordinating Council, "Joan Evans," accessed October 21, 2013
- Wyoming Tribune Eagle, "Gov. Mead proposes plan to streamline state government," January 6, 2011
- United States Census Bureau, "QuickFacts Beta," accessed April 3, 2015
- Wyoming Secretary of State, "Wyoming Election Results," accessed April 3, 2015
- The American Presidency Project, "Presidential Elections Data," accessed April 3, 2015
- United States Census Bureau, "Frequently Asked Questions," accessed April 21, 2014
|Wyoming Director of Workforce Services
| Succeeded by|