Joanne J. Ferrary
|New Mexico House of Representatives District 37|
|Elections and appointments|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
Ferrary's campaign website highlights the following issues:
Equal Pay for Equal Work
- Excerpt: "I strongly support equal pay for women. Women have not received the same wages for doing the same job for too long, despite the "equal pay for equal work" law passed in 1963."
Hard Work Deserves Fair Pay
- Excerpt: "Evidence based studies show that when minimum wages are increased, prices rise very little and overall employment levels increase gradually."
- Excerpt: "Taxpayers should not have to subsidize big corporations who pay wages that are below poverty levels."
Fully Funding Our Education System & Decreasing Class Size
- Excerpt: "In Santa Fe, I will fight to restore millions of dollars of funding for New Mexico schools, so we can hire good teachers, pay them well, improve student performance, and ensure that all New Mexico children have access to a first-rate education."
Tax Breaks and Loopholes are Breaking the Bank
- Excerpt: "I will vote to close needless tax breaks and loopholes; I will join with like-minded Representatives of either party to sponsor legislation that evaluates each of these loopholes and tax breaks based on a cost/benefit analysis. I will only vote for tax increases when I am convinced every other avenue has been explored to meet a legitimate need."
Sustainable Economic Development
- Excerpt: "I will work to help local small business create jobs by cutting taxes for small businesses, cutting red tape for entrepreneurs, and improving our access to new technology and other resources."
Elections for the office of New Mexico House of Representatives will take place in 2014. A primary election took place June 3, 2014, and a general election will take place on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was February 4, 2014. Incumbent Terry McMillan was unopposed in the Republican primary, while Joanne J. Ferrary was unopposed in the Democratic primary. McMillan and Ferrary will face off in the general election.
Ferrary ran in the 2012 election for New Mexico House of Representatives District 37. She ran unopposed in the Democratic primary on June 5, 2012. Incumbent Terry H. McMillan (R) ran unopposed in the Republican primary. She appeared to have defeated McMillan in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012, but after a recount, McMillan was deemed the winner.
|New Mexico House of Representatives, District 37, General Election, 2012|
|Democratic||Terry McMillan Incumbent||50%||6,267|
|Republican||Joanne J. Ferrary||50%||6,259|
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Joanne + Ferrary + New Mexico + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- New Mexico House of Representatives
- New Mexico State Legislature
- New Mexico House of Representatives elections, 2014
- New Mexico House of Representatives District 37
- Official campaign website
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Joanne Ferrary on Facebook
- New Mexico Secretary of State, 2014 Primary Election Candidate List
- Joanne for NM, "Eight Reasons," accessed September 15, 2014
- New Mexico Secretary of State, "Official Results Primary Election - June 3, 2014," accessed July 7, 2014
- New Mexico State Legislature, "2014 Primary Election Candidates," accessed May 13, 2014
- New Mexico Secretary of State, "Official Primary Results," accessed April 15, 2014
- New Mexico Secretary of State, "2012 Primary Candidate List," accessed May 12, 2014(Archived)