|Former candidate for|
|Minnesota House of Representatives District 52A|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
|High school||Henry Sibley High School|
|Bachelor's||University of Minnesota|
|Place of birth||West St. Paul|
Elections for the office of Minnesota House of Representatives took place in 2014. A primary election was held on August 12, 2014, and a general election took place on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was June 3, 2014. Incumbent Rick Hansen was unopposed in the Democratic primary. Joe Blum was unopposed in the Republican primary. Hansen defeated Blum in the general election.
|Minnesota House of Representatives, District 52A General Election, 2014|
|Democratic||Rick Hansen Incumbent||59.4%||9,777|
Blum ran in the 2012 election for Minnesota House of Representatives District 52A. He defeated David Meisinger in the Republican primary on August 14 and was defeated by incumbent Rick Hansen (D) in the general election on November 6, 2012.
|Minnesota House of Representatives, District 52A, General Election, 2012|
|Democratic||Rick Hansen Incumbent||62.6%||13,732|
|Minnesota House of Representatives, District 52A Republican Primary, 2012|
Blum highlighted themes including repealing regulations on businesses and lowering taxes. He stated that he is pro-life.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Joe + Blum + Minnesota + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Minnesota Secretary of State, "State Canvassing Board Report," August 19, 2014
- Minnesota Secretary of State, "2014 State General Election Candidate Filings," accessed July 25, 2014
- Minnesota Secretary of State, "2014 Election Results," accessed November 4, 2014
- Minnesota Secretary of State, "2012 State General Election Candidate Filings," accessed June 19, 2012
- AP "Minnesota - Summary Vote Results," accessed August 15, 2012
- joeblum.org, "Issues," accessed August 10, 2012 (timed out)
State of Minnesota
St. Paul (capital)
Minnesota State Constitution | House of Representatives | Senate | County Attorney | House Research Department | Legislative Reference Library | Senate Counsel Research and Fiscal Analysis | Legislative Auditor |
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Commissioner of Management and Budget | State Auditor | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of Natural Resources | Commissioner of Labor and Industry | Chair of Public Utilities |