|Alabama State Senate, District 17|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
|High school||Fultondale High School|
|Birthday||January 15, 1964|
Cochran's professional experience includes working for NCP solutions since 1986.
Cochran's website highlighted the following themes:
- Pro-Traditional Marriage
- Pro-Life ~ Right to Life
- Pro-Religious Freedom ~ The Very Foundation of Our Country
- Pro-Comprehensive Immigration Reforms
- Repeal the Healthcare Act: Obamacare ~ As Ronald Reagan said, "Government is not the solution to the problem, government is the problem."
- Improve roads and infrastructure upgrades
- Improve Education System ~ Excellence in schools and will work to secure the best funding possible for our schools
- Job Creation ~ Bring good paying jobs to our district through incentives with the Alabama Department of Commerce and the Governor's office to recruit companies to our district
- See also: Alabama State Senate elections, 2014
Elections for the office of Alabama State Senate will take place in 2014. A primary election took place June 3, 2014; a runoff election took place where necessary on July 15, 2014. The general election will take place on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was February 7, 2014. Shay Shelnutt, Jim Murphree, Gayle Gear, Brett King, Adam Ritch, Joe Cochran, and Jim Roberts faced off in the Republican primary. Because no candidate received more than 50 percent of the vote, the top two vote-getters - Shelnutt and King - met in a runoff election, which Shelnutt won. Shelnutt is unchallenged in the general election.
Cochran and his wife, June, have a daughter.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term " + Alabama + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Alabama State Legislature
- Alabama State Senate
- Alabama state legislative districts
- Alabama House of Representatives elections, 2014
- Elect Joe Cochran, "About," accessed May 2, 2014
- Elect Joe Cochran, "Elect," accessed May 2, 2014
- AL.com, "Alabama primary runoffs: Live results from select statewide races," July 15, 2014
- Alabama Democrats, "Qualified candidates for public office list," accessed February 25, 2014
- Alabama Republican Party, "State Senate," accessed February 25, 2014
- Alabama Secretary of State, "Official Democratic Primary Results," accessed June 20, 2014
- Alabama Secretary of State, "Official Republican Primary Results," accessed June 20, 2014