|Oklahoma State Senate, District 28|
Dobry's campaign website highlighted the following issues:
The Size of Government
- Excerpt: "Joe believes that our small towns and rural areas are a wonderful place to live, work and raise a family. But a rapidly growing federal government has jeopardized Oklahoma's way of life. Oklahomans are a great people because of what they have done for themselves, not because of what government has done for them. As state senator, Joe will fight to keep a smaller, more effective state government, and will stand up to Federal intrusion. As a small business owner and operator of a cattle farm, Joe knows that you can't spend more than you make. That's a principle he will take with him to the state senate."
Growing Our Economy and Creating Jobs
- Excerpt: "The government doesn't create jobs. Hard-working Oklahomans do. Joe sees that every day while operating his own small business. As your senator, Joe will fight every day to roll back oppressive regulations and taxes that strangle businesses and prevent them from growing. And he'll fight to keep taxes low on every-day citizens, so they can keep more of what they earn. Keeping more money out of government hands, and in the pockets of our citizens and job creators is the best way to grow our economy and boost job creation."
- Excerpt: "The Affordable Care Act is one of the biggest examples of Federal overreach in our nation's history. It must be repealed. There are many other reforms that can bring down cost and increase access without this giant government takeover of our health care. Some of these alternatives include tort reform, allowing consumers to purchase cheaper insurance across state lines, and using technology to improve efficiency and crack down on waste and abuse in the system. While the Oklahoma Senate cannot by itself repeal this dreadful law, Joe believes that the legislature must make its voice heard on behalf of the people of Oklahoma."
- Excerpt: "Joe is pro-life. Period. Joe believes in traditional marriage. Period. He will fight for Oklahoma's traditional values, and will stand up to President Obama or anyone else who tries to tamper with our way of life."
- Excerpt: "Joe supports the 2nd Amendment, and will fight to uphold the basic right to keep and bear arms. Liberals across the country have stepped up their efforts to confiscate our guns. But as your senator, no one will fight harder than Joe to keep the liberals at bay, and protect our basic Constitutional freedoms."
- See also: Oklahoma State Senate elections, 2014
Elections for the office of Oklahoma State Senate will take place in 2014. A primary election took place June 24, 2014. The general election will be held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was April 11, 2014. Marilyn Rainwater defeated Billy Hinton in the Democratic primary, while Jason Smalley defeated Michael Ballard, Charles Mashek, Joe Dobry and Danny Williams in the Republican primary. Rainwater and Smalley will face off in the general election.
|Oklahoma State Senate, District 28 Democratic Primary, 2014|
|Oklahoma State Senate, District 28 Republican Primary, 2014|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Joe + Dobry + Oklahoma + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Oklahoma State Senate
- Oklahoma State Legislature
- Oklahoma State Senate elections, 2014
- Oklahoma State Senate District 28
- Official campaign website
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Oklahoma State Board of Elections, "Candidates for State Elective Officials 2014"