|Kansas House of Representatives District 93|
|January 14, 2013 - Present|
|January 12, 2015|
|Years in position||1|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|First elected||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Edwards served on the following committees:
|Kansas Committee Assignments, 2012|
|• Transportation and Public Safety Budget|
|• Veterans, Military and Homeland Security|
Edwards won election in the 2012 election for Kansas House of Representatives District 93. He was unopposed in the August 7 Republican primary and defeated Pamela Frieden (D) and Daniel Thimesch (I) in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Kansas House of Representatives, District 93, General Election, 2012|
Comprehensive donor information for Edwards is available dating back to 2012. Based on available campaign finance records, Edwards raised a total of $19,140 during that time period. This information was last updated on June 21, 2013.
|Joe Edwards's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||Kansas State House, District 93||$19,140|
|Grand Total Raised||$19,140|
2012Edwards won election to the Kansas House of Representatives in 2012. During that election cycle, Edwards raised a total of $19,140.
|Kansas House of Representatives 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Joe Edwards's campaign in 2012|
|Edwards II, George F & Sally||$3,416|
|Wichita Metro Chamber of Commerce||$1,000|
|Road Map PAC Inc||$1,000|
|Kansas Chamber of Commerce & Industry||$877|
|Edwards II, George F & SALLY||$670|
|Total Raised in 2012||$19,140|
|Source:Follow the Money|
Kansas Freedom Index
The Kansas Policy Institute, Kansas’s "first free market think tank," releases its legislator scorecard as a part of its Kansas Freedom Index for Kansas state representatives and senators once a year. The Score Card gives each legislator a score from 1%-100% based on how they voted in the prior legislative term on specific issues which the Kansas Policy Institute thought were pro-limited government policies.
Joe Edwards received a score of 69.0% in the 2013 index.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Joe + Edwards + Kansas + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Bill allowing refusal of service on religious grounds moves to Senate - KAKE
- House votes down funding proposal for Judge Riddel Boys Ranch - Kansas.com
- The 1 Move Each NFL Team Is Most Likely to Make This Offseason - Bleacher Report
- Michael Sam announcement could provide boost to Missouri Non-Discrimination ... - PoliticMo
- Mass. Democrats launch statewide party caucuses - Kansas.com
- No, Liberals Don't Control the Democratic Party - The Atlantic
- Accounts and People of Note in the Advertising Industry - New York Times
- Capsule bios on the 2014 Demon Football Signing Class, 25 strong - nsudemons.com
- Remember that George Allen vs Joe Biden presidential race? - Washington Post (blog)
- Scene & Heard: Mardi Gras krewes take guests on elaborate trips - Shreveport Times
- Kansas Secretary of State, "Candidates for the 2012 primary (official)," retrieved July 13, 2012.
- C-SPAN, "Kansas - Summary Vote Results," retrieved August 7, 2012.
- Kansas Secretary of State, 2012 Unofficial Kansas General Election Results, accessed November 27, 2012
- followthemoney.org, "Edwards, Joe," Accessed June 21, 2013
- "Kansas Freedom Index"
- 2013 Kansas Policy Index
Dan Kerschen (R)
|Kansas House of Representatives District 93
| Succeeded by|