|Former candidate for|
|North Carolina House of Representatives, District 96|
|High school||Hickory High School, 1990|
|Bachelor's||Elon University, 1994|
|Profession||Owns the Dirtball apparel line|
Fox earned a degree in History and a minor in Political Science from Elon University in 1994. His professional experience includes owning Dirtball, a 100% eco-friendly 100% made in the U.S.A. apparel line, as a professional race car driver in the Grand Am, American Le Mans series and the NASCAR Nationwide Series, and as a professional racing instructor, coach and worked for Porsche, Maserati and the Panoz Racing School.
Fox's campaign website highlighted the following issues:
- Excerpt: "My platform is jobs and education. In order to have a future of growth and prosperity we must fix these two things which are so closely related."
- Excerpt: "We must work with and listen to small businesses and the core of our economy, the manufacturing sector (furniture, textiles and cabling). Currently, there are skilled labor jobs available but they go unfilled because of a lack of qualified workers. This can be fixed by re-implementing job re-training programs at the community college level. Currently, there is no funding in place for these programs to start back up due to cuts in the education budget. These programs must be put back in place."
- Excerpt: "As a conservative, and business owner I know our state must continue to operate with a balanced budget. But, we must find other ways than balancing the budget than on the backs of our teachers. We must close the gap between overall educational spending and the amount spent per student and teacher pay. Our children are our state's future and our teachers play a vital part in their development. If we narrow that gap, it is my belief we will graduate more qualified students."
- Excerpt: "Finally, if elected I will work to keep "Raleigh" out of local government. Our county commissioners and city councils are the best ones to judge what is best for their community, not the state legislature. Raleigh doesn't like it when Washington interferes. Why should Catawba County, Hickory, Conover and Longview be any different. "
Elections for the office of North Carolina House of Representatives took place in 2014. A primary election took place on May 6, 2014. The general election took place on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was February 28, 2014. Cliff Moone was unopposed in the Democratic primary, while Jay Adams defeated Joe Fox, Frank Willis and Wrappar Kellett in the Republican primary. Kellett withdrew from the race before the primary but remained on the ballot. Moone was defeated by Adams in the general election.
|North Carolina House of Representatives, District 96 General Election, 2014|
|North Carolina House of Representatives, District 96 Republican Primary, 2014|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Joe + Fox + North + Carolina + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- North Carolina House of Representatives
- North Carolina State Legislature
- North Carolina House of Representatives elections, 2014
- North Carolina House of Representatives District 96
- Official campaign website
- Joe Fox on Facebook
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- North Carolina State Board of Elections, Official primary candidate list
- North Carolina State Board of Elections, Official general election candidate list
- Official campaign website, "About Joe Fox," accessed April 22, 2014
- Official campaign website, "Platform," accessed April 22, 2014
- North Carolina State Board of Elections, "Official Primary Election Results For 2014," accessed June 12, 2014
- North Carolina State Board of Elections, "General Election Candidate List Grouped by Contest," accessed June 12, 2014
State of North Carolina
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Secretary of Environment and Natural Resources | Commissioner of Labor | Chairman of Utilities |