|Oregon House of Representatives District 30|
|January 12, 2015|
|Years in position||1|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|First elected||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Bachelor's||Portland State University|
|Master's||Portland State University|
|Ph.D.||University of Denver, 1978|
|Service/branch||U.S. Air Force|
|Profession||Owner, Western Research Associates/Professor|
Gallegos earned a B.S. in Psychology from Portland State University, a Masters in Social Work from Portland State University, and a PhD in Social Welfare from the University of Denver in 1978. His professional experience includes serving as President of Western Research Associates, and Professor Emeritus at the University of Portland from 1988-2011. Gallegos served in the United States Air Force.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Gallegos served on the following committees:
|Oregon Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Higher Education and Workforce Development|
|• Human Services and Housing|
Elections for the office of Oregon House of Representatives will consist of a primary election on May 20, 2014, and a general election on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was March 11, 2014. Incumbent Joe Gallegos is unopposed in the Democratic primary. Dan Mason is unopposed in the Republican primary.
Gallegos won election in the 2012 election for Oregon House District 30. He replaced Adriana Canas on the ballot after she withdrew in June. Gallegos defeated incumbent Shawn Lindsay (R) and Kyle Markley (L) in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Oregon House of Representatives, District 30, General Election, 2012|
|Republican||Shawn Lindsay Incumbent||44.7%||11,096|
Comprehensive donor information for Gallegos is available dating back to 2012. Based on available campaign finance records, Gallegos raised a total of $648,343 during that time period. This information was last updated on June 13, 2013.
|Joe Gallegos's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||Oregon State House, District 30||$648,343|
|Grand Total Raised||$648,343|
2012Gallegos won election to the Oregon State House in 2012. During that election cycle, Gallegos raised a total of $648,343.
|Oregon State House 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Joe Gallegos's campaign in 2012|
|Building Trades PAC||$241,054|
|Service Employees Local 530||$102,222|
|Oregon Democratic Party||$85,948|
|Oregon Public Employees Local 530||$29,799|
|Oregon Education Association||$28,500|
|Total Raised in 2012||$648,343|
|Source:Follow the Money|
Gallegos and his wife Sheila have one daughter.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Joe + Gallegos + Oregon + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Profile from the Oregon House of Representatives
- Profile from Open States
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign contributions via Follow the Money: 2012
- Project Vote Smart - Rep. Gallegos
- Oregon Secretary of State, "Candidate Filing," accessed March 17, 2014
- Oregon Live, "Democrat Adriana Canas drops candidacy against Oregon Rep. Shawn Lindsay of Hillsboro," June 19, 2012
- Oregon Secretary of State, "Candidate Filings for the House," accessed April 11, 2012
- Oregon Secretary of State, Official Primary Results
- followthemoney.org, "Gallegos, Joe" Accessed June 13, 2013
- Oregonlive.com "Joseph Gallegos wins Democratic nomination for Hillsboro legislative seat," Accessed October 4, 2012
Shawn Lindsay (R)
|Oregon House of Representatives - District 30
| Succeeded by|