was a 2012 Republican
candidate for District 61
of the California State Assembly
Ludwig's campaign website listed the following issues:
- Excerpt: "Californians suffer from taxes that are too high, be they income taxes, sales taxes, and taxes wrongly labeled as "fees". That is why I support a low, flat-rate income tax that contains allowances which protect middle-class families. I will also fight to preserve Proposition 13."
- Excerpt: "State government taxes so much because it spends too much. That is why I support solutions such as efforts to combine agencies and departments that have similar functions, like the Franchise Tax Board and Board of Equalization. By taking simple, common-sense steps, we can make government smaller, more effective, and less costly."
- Excerpt: "Nowhere do the problems our government faces today make themselves more apparent than in our educational system. Bloated bureaucracies that inhibit innovation, excessive regulations that stifle true learning and creative thinking, and outdated operations that waste our tax dollars have all become norms in our schools. "
- Excerpt: "If for no other reason, government exists to keep us safe. That is why I support measures such as "three strikes" and the death penalty. I believe the solution to prison overcrowding is to build more prisons, not to release violent felons back into our communities."
- Excerpt: "Much has been made about how state government works-or rather how it does not work. That's why I support a two-year budget cycle, so that the Legislature can focus on long-term solutions for California's fiscal troubles."
- See also: California State Assembly elections, 2012
Ludwig ran in the 2012 election for California State Assembly District 61. He was eliminated in the blanket primary on June 5, 2012.
|California State Assembly, District 61 Blanket Primary, 2012
|| Joe Ludwig
|| Thomas Carlos Ketcham (write-in)
|| Fredy DeLeon
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Joe + Ludwig + California + Assembly"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
Joe Ludwig News Feed