|Michigan State Senate, District 36|
|Elections and appointments|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
Lukasiewicz's website highlights the following campaign themes:
Michigan’s unemployment rate remains unacceptably high
- Excerpt: " It will take a district-wide strategy to combat this problem. It will require a partnership between the State and the District’s tourism, agriculture, forestry, manufacturing, and retail business owners. It’s time to work together to solve our unemployment problem and its resulting poverty."
Our educational system is broken
- Excerpt: "Education has a significant impact on economic prosperity. A more educated populace makes more money which increases the tax base, attracting yet more employers. It’s simple math! We need to double-down on our educational support, not defund it."
We must protect our District’s natural resources
- Excerpt: " It is said about Michigan, that one is never but a few miles from a lake, river, or stream. Water is a Michigander’s life-blood as are the forests and the farms. These precious assets not only define who we are as a State, but serve as critical drivers to our economic prosperity. We CAN move forward as a State and still protect our God-given resources. We are all in this together!"
We need a well-maintained infrastructure
- Excerpt: "I am running to be your next State Senator for the 36th District because doing "business as usual" is clearly not working to serve the taxpayers in our District. Continuing to ignore our State’s problems, underfund programs that are essential to economic growth, while siphoning more and more of our savings through fees and taxes is counterproductive as it drives people away from our state and region."
- See also: Michigan State Senate elections, 2014
Elections for the office of Michigan State Senate will take place in 2014. A primary election was held on August 5, 2014, and a general election will take place on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was April 22, 2014. Joe Lukasiewicz was unopposed in the Democratic primary. Jim Stamas was unopposed in the Republican primary. Lukasiewicz faces Stamas in the general election.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Joe + Lukasiewicz + Michigan + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Michigan State Senate
- Michigan State Senate District 36
- Michigan State Senate elections, 2014
- Michigan State Legislature
- Official campaign website
- Legislative Profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Joe Lukasiewicz on Facebook
- Michigan Secretary of State, “2014 Unofficial Michigan Primary Candidate Listing,” accessed May 1, 2014
- gojoefor36th.com, "Why I'm Running," accessed July 18, 2014
- Michigan Secretary of State, "State Senator," accessed August 6, 2014
- Michigan Secretary of State, "2014 Official Michigan Primary Candidate Listing," accessed May 27, 2014
- Michigan Secretary of State, "2014 Official Michigan General Candidate Listing," accessed September 8, 2014