|Former candidate for|
|Wisconsin State Assembly, District 1|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
Majeski's campaign website highlighted the following issues:
Economy & Jobs
- Excerpt: "We must have common-sense efforts to train our workforce on 21st century skills and support a living wage for all workers. We need to invest in renewable energy and Iowa has, moving their state away from petroleum dependency and creating thousands of jobs at the same time. We must invest in mass transit - our young people move to where mass transit is available. Our time needs to be spent on jobs - we need special legislative sessions devoted entirely to these discussions!"
- Excerpt: "You start with giving control back to our school boards and making sure teachers have a voice in keeping the school strong. We must have high expectations for teacher performance and student achievement. We did at Sevastopol and the students responded with some of the highest test scores in the state."
- Excerpt: "Without clean water we will have no tourism, decreasing property values, and unhealthy communities. This is just not the Wisconsin way!"
- Excerpt: "We need to focus on preventative services. We need to quit rejecting federal funds for medical care. We cannot privatize Medicare. We also need to focus all efforts on streamlining our insurance reimbursement system. In addition, we need to limit the cost increases for common medications."
- Excerpt: "I want to be clear - I am a fiscal conservative. If you don't have it you don't spend it."
- Excerpt: "The State keeps that tax and our local county officials have to pay for 911 services. That is wrong! We need to fight to bring those state and property taxes back to our communities for roads, schools, and police and fire protection."
- See also: Wisconsin State Assembly elections, 2014
Elections for all 99 seats in the Wisconsin State Assembly took place in 2014. A primary election took place on August 12, 2014. The general election was held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was June 2, 2014. Joe Majeski was unopposed in the Democratic primary. Joel Kitchens defeated Paul Feit, Brian Hackbarth, and Terry McNulty in the Republican primary. Arnie Johnsrud (D) and Jon Kruse (R) were removed from the ballot before the primary elections. Majeski faced Kitchens in the general election. Kitchens defeated Majeski in the general election.
|Wisconsin State Assembly, District 1 General Election, 2014|
|Wisconsin State Assembly, District 1 Republican Primary, 2014|
|Joel C. Kitchens||44%||2,935|
|Paul M. Feit||27.6%||1,841|
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Joe + Majeski + Wisconsin + Assembly"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Wisconsin State Legislature
- Wisconsin state legislative districts
- Wisconsin State Assembly
- Wisconsin State Assembly elections, 2014
- Official campaign website
- Joe Majeski on Facebook
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Wisconsin State Legislature
- Wisconsin Government Accountability, "Candidates Registered by Office," June 11, 2014
- Joe Majeski for 1st Assembly, "Issues," accessed October 24, 2014
- Milwaukee Wisconsin Journal Sentinel, "Wisconsin 2014 fall primary election results," accessed August 12, 2014
- Wisconsin Government Accountability Board, "2014 Partisan Primary Candidates," accessed June 19, 2014
- Wisconsin Government Accountability Board, "Canvass Results for 2014 General Election," December 1, 2014
State of Wisconsin
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture, Trade and Consumer Protection| Secretary of Natural Resources | Secretary of Workforce Development | Public Service Commission |
Wisconsin Supreme Court | Courts of Appeal | Circuit Courts | Municipal Courts | Wisconsin Commission Appointed Judicial Method Proposal | Wisconsin Judicial Commission | Wisconsin Supreme Court elections | Judicial news | Judicial activist organizations |