|Illinois State Senate District 31|
|High school||Warren Township High School (1986)|
|Bachelor's||Southern Illinois University Carbondale (1991)|
|Master's||Illinois Institute of Technology (1998)|
|Service/branch||United States Navy|
|Date of birth||July 8, 1968|
|Place of birth||Wadsworth, IL|
Neal earned a B.S. in Civil Engineering from Southern Illinois University Carbondale and a Master's in Transportation Engineering from the Illinois Institute of technology.
Neal's campaign website listed the following issues:
- Jobs & Economic Growth
- Excerpt: "Springfield politicians are chasing jobs out of this state and making it too costly for companies to expand or open shop in Illinois. There’s a reason why Wisconsin has an unemployment rate almost 3 percent lower than Illinois. Living in a district that borders Wisconsin, our jobs are uniquely at risk when Illinois adopts policies hostile to job creators."
- Budget Reform
- Excerpt: "The budget and deficit are out of control! Illinois received $33 billion in revenue last year and yet the Governor’s budget spent $34.5 billion, adding even more debt to our ballooning budget crisis."
- Strong Leadership
- Excerpt: "Our state is suffering from an embarrassing lack of leadership and the results are more than alarming – a $10 billion deficit, 10% unemployment, and unfunded pension liabilities over $85 billion just to name a few."
- See also: Illinois State Senate elections, 2012
Neal ran in the 2012 election for Illinois State Senate District 31. Neal defeated Michael White, Linwood Jarratt and Lawrence Leafblad in the Republican primary on March 20, 2012, and was defeated by Melinda Bush (D) in the general election on November 6, 2012.
|Illinois State Senate, District 31, General Election, 2012|
|Illinois State Senate, District 31 Republican Primary, 2012|
|Linwood "Lennie" Jarratt||19.5%||3,119|
Neal's campaign website listed the following endorsements:
- National Federation of Independent Business
- Realtors Political Action Committee
- Senator Dan Duffy
- Stand for Children
- Illinois Farm Bureau
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Joe + Neal + Illinois + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Joe Neal for Senate Facebook page, "Info," accessed January 4, 2012
- Campaign website, Issues (timed out)
- Illinois State Board of Elections, "Candidate List," accessed December 5, 2011
- Illinois State Board of Elections, "Official 2012 Primary Results," accessed May 14, 2014
- Illinois Secretary of State, "2012 Primary Results," accessed May 15, 2014
- Illinois State Board of Elections, “Official Vote - November 6, 2012 General Election,” accessed December 31, 2012
- Joe Neal, "Endorsements," accessed October 21, 2012 (timed out)