|Former candidate for|
|U.S. House, Florida, District 16|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
Newman ran in the 2014 election for the U.S. House to represent Florida's 16th District. Newman ran as a write-in candidate. He was defeated by incumbent Vern Buchanan (R) in the general election on November 4, 2014.
Newman is a centenarian, age 101 in 2014.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Joe + Newman + Florida + Congress"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- United States congressional delegations from Florida
- United States House of Representatives
- Florida's 16th Congressional District elections, 2014
- Florida's 16th Congressional District
- UPI.com, "101-year-old Florida man runs for Congress," accessed February 19, 2014
- Telegraph, "Florida man running for congress at age of 101," accessed February 22, 2014
- Florida Election Division, "Candidate List," accessed April 2, 2014
- CBS News, "101-year-old Florida man running for Congress," accessed February 22, 2014
- The Huffington Post, "Election 2014," November 4, 2014
- USA Today, "Centenarian runs for Congress in Florida," accessed March 20, 2014
State of Florida
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Chief Financial Officer | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Agriculture and Consumer Services | Commissioner of Insurance Regulation | Secretary of Environmental Protection | Director of Economic Opportunity | Chair of Public Service Commission |