|Idaho House of Representatives District 20A|
|December 1, 2014|
|Years in position||5|
|Per diem||$122/day outside Boise, $49/day otherwise|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|Next election||November 4, 2014|
|Profession||Owner, Cherry's Consignment Home Furnishings|
Palmer earned his B.S. in Vocational Education from Boise State University. His professional experience includes owning a small business. He is a member of the Idaho National Guard.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Palmer served on the following committees:
|Idaho Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Transportation and Defense, Chair|
|• State Affairs|
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Palmer served on these committees:
|Idaho Committee Assignments, 2011|
|• State Affairs|
|• Transportation and Defense|
|• Economic Outlook and Revenue Assessment|
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Palmer served on these committees:
|Idaho Committee Assignments, 2009|
|• Local Government|
|• State Affairs|
Palmer won re-election in the 2012 election for Idaho House of Representatives District 20A. He defeated Richard Dees and Chris MacCloud in the Republican primary and defeated Caitlin R. Lister (D) in the general election on November 6, 2012.
|Idaho House of Representatives, District 20A, General Election, 2012|
|Republican||Joe A. Palmer Incumbent||66.5%||11,848|
|Democratic||Caitlin R. Lister||33.5%||5,958|
|Idaho House of Representatives District 20A Republican Primary, 2012|
|Joe A. Palmer Incumbent||65.9%||1,630|
Palmer won re-election to District Seat 20A in 2010 with no opposition. He defeated Shaun Wardle in the Republican primary on May 25th by a margin of 2,445 to 2,084. The general election took place on November 2, 2010.
|Idaho House of Representatives, District 20A (2010)|
|Joe Palmer (R)||11,829||100.0%|
On November 4, 2008, Republican Joe Palmer won the election to the Idaho House of Representatives District 20A receiving 77.3% of the vote (14,732 votes), ahead of Democrat Rex Kerr who received 22.7% of the vote (4,337 votes).
|Idaho House of Representatives, District 20A (2008)|
|Joe Palmer (R)||14,732||77.3%|
|Rex Kerr (D)||4,337||22.7%|
Campaign donor information is not yet available for this year.
In 2010, a year in which Palmer was up for re-election, he collected $16,825 in donations.
His largest contributors in 2010 were:
|Idaho House of Representatives 2010 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Joe Palmer's campaign in 2010|
|House Republican Victory Fund Of Idaho||$1,000|
|Idaho Soft Drink Association||$850|
|Idaho Power Co||$750|
|Total Raised in 2010||$16,825|
In 2008, Palmer raised $8,446.
Listed below are those who contributed the most to his campaign. 
|Joe A. Palmer||$2,662|
Idaho Freedom Index
The Idaho Freedom Foundation, an Idaho-based, nonprofit educational research institute, released its "Idaho Freedom Index" in 2013. The index intended to show how Idaho legislators voted on the principles the Foundation seeks to promote. It measured each state legislator based on two tiers, which include whether legislators voted for or against bills that would create or eliminate government agencies, programs, and regulations, and bills that would impact the free market in a positive or negative way. Scores ranged from the highest possible score for members of the state Senate (194 points) and for members of the state House (180 points). A higher score indicated that the legislator voted more in favor of the values supported by the Foundation. Palmer received a score of 107 points in the 2013 index, ranking 8th out of 70 members of the Idaho House of Representatives that were evaluated for the study.
Palmer and his wife, Leslie, have four children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Joe + Palmer + Idaho + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Events Calendar - Twin Falls Times-News
- New York attorney challenging Begich - Juneau Empire (subscription)
- New York attorney challenging Begich from home - Fairbanks Daily News-Miner
- GOP super PACs gear up to fight tea party - Politico
<ref> tags exist, but no
<references/> tag was found
- Idaho House of Representatives - Joe Palmer
- Project Vote Smart legislative profile
- Project Vote Smart biography
- Campaign contributions: 2008
- Joe Palmer on Facebook
- Joe Palmer on Twitter
- ↑ Mitt Romney for President, "Mitt Romney Announces Support of Idaho Elected Officials," February 8, 2012
- ↑ Idaho Secretary of State, "Primary Candidate List," accessed April 6, 2012
- ↑ Idaho Secretary of State Election Division, "May 15, 2012 Primary Election Results," accessed 6 July 2012
- ↑ Idaho Secretary of State – Elections Division, “November 6, 2012 General Election Results,” accessed December 27, 2012
- ↑ Idaho Secretary of State - 2010 General election results
- ↑ Idaho House of Representatives official election results for 2008
- ↑ 2010 campaign contributions
- ↑ 2008 contributors to Joe Palmer
- ↑ Idaho Freedom Foundation "2013 Freedom Index," Accessed August 19, 2013
|Idaho House of Representatives District 20A
| Succeeded by|