|Kansas House of Representatives District 54|
|2007 - 2013|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|J.D.||Washburn University School of Law (1977)|
|Birthday||December 30, 1952|
The owner of Patton and Patton Chartered, Joe received his J.D. from the Washburn University School of Law.
Prior to his election to the House he served as Chairman of the 2nd District Republican Party, Precinct Committeeman for the Republican Party, and Treasurer of the Shawnee County Republicans.
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Patton served on the following committees:
- Administrative Rules and Regulations Committee, Kansas State Legislature
- Federal and State Affairs Committee, Kansas House of Representatives, Vice Chair
- Judiciary Committee, Kansas House of Representatives, Vice Chair
- Rules and Journal Committee, Kansas House of Representatives
- Special Claims Against the State Committee, Kansas State Legislature, Chair
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Patton served on the following committees:
- Corrections and Juvenile Justice Committee, House of Representatives(Vice-Chair)
- Judiciary Committee, House of Representatives
- Administrative Rules and Regulations Joint Committee, State Legislature
- Corrections and Juvenile Justice Committee, House of Representatives
- Special Claims Against the State Joint Committee, State Legislature
Patton's answers to the Kansas State Legislative Election 2008 Political Courage Test are available.
When asked in the test of his legislative priorities he said,
I will continue fight for property tax relief. The government is putting a financial squeeze on seniors on fixed incomes. With property taxes going up every year, they are being forced to sell their homes or do without essentials to pay the taxes. We should change the system to protect their homes. In addition we have to hold the line on spending. I cannot and will not support a tax increase on homeowners."
- H 2150 Property taxation; 2% limit on valuation increases. 02/27/2009
- H 2202 Enforcement of laws concerning unlawful immigration. 02/03/2009
- H 2205 Repeal of K.S.A. 76-731a, which grants residency for tuition purposes to certain unlawful immigrants.02/03/2009
- H 2206 Amendments to late term and partial birth abortion law. 03/05/200
- See also: Kansas State Senate elections, 2012
|Kansas State Senate, District 20 Republican Primary, 2012|
|Vicki L. Schmidt Incumbent||50.7%||5,747|
|Kansas House of Representatives, District 54 General Election (2010)|
|Joe Patton (R)||5,222|
|Scott Seel (D)||3,022|
|Sean Tabor (L)||402|
On November 4, 2008, Patton was re-elected to the 54th District Seat in the Kansas House of Representatives, defeating Bruce Cooper (D). Patton raised $53,164 for his campaign, while Cooper raised $34,709.
|Kansas House of Representatives, District 54|
|Joe Patton (R)||6,780||57.6%|
|Bruce Cooper (D)||4,977||42.3%|
In 2010, Patton received $46,987 in campaign donations. The largest contributors to the campaign are listed below.
|Kansas House of Representatives 2010 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Joe Patton's campaign in 2010|
|2Nd District Republican Party Cmte Of Kansas||$1,600|
|Wallace, Michael R||$1,000|
|Kansas Optometric Association||$1,000|
|Kansas Chamber Of Commerce & Industry||$1,000|
|Kansas Bankers Association||$1,000|
|Total Raised in 2010||$46,987|
In 2008 Patton collected $53,164 in donations.
Four of his largest contributors were:
|2nd District Republican Party Committee of Kansas||$1,500|
|Kansas Medical Society||$1,000|
|Prairie Band Potawatomi Nation||$1,000|
|Donald D. Barry Chartered||$1,000|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Joe + Patton + Kansas + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Colorado's Green Rush - Daily Beast
- Meet The Star's 2014 Midwest Voices panel members - Kansas City Star
- Joe Patton's Official Website
- Kansas Legislature - Joe Patton
- Project Vote Smart Bio
- Project Vote Smart Legislative Profile
- Kansas Votes profile
- Campaign contributions: 2004, 2006, 2008
- Kansas State Legislative Election 2008 Political Courage Test
- Kansas Legislature - Bills Introduced by Member
- Kansas Secretary of State, "Candidates for the 2012 Primary (official)," retrieved July 4, 2012.
- Kansas Secretary of State, Official 2012 Primary Results
- Official Kansas House of Representatives General Election Results, 2010
- 2008 Kansas Election Results
- Kansas House of Representatives, 2008 Money Raised
- Follow the Money - 2010 Campaign contributions
- Follow the Money - 2008 Campaign Contributions
|Kansas House of Representatives District 54
| Succeeded by|
Ken Corbet (R)
State of Kansas
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture | Secretary of Wildlife and Parks | Secretary of Labor | Corporation Commission |