|Iowa House of Representatives District 30|
|January 14, 2013 - Present|
|January 11, 2015|
|Years in position||1|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
|First elected||November 6, 2012|
|High school||Southeast Polk High School|
|Bachelor's||Upper Iowa University|
|Profession||Golf Course Manager|
Riding earned his B.S. from Upper Iowa University. His professional experience includes managing his family's golf course.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Riding served on the following committees:
|Iowa Committee Assignments, 2012|
|• Local Government|
|• Ways and Means|
Riding's website highlighted the following campaign themes:
|“||I will continue to propose and support public policies that:
Elections for the office of Iowa House of Representatives took place in 2014. A primary election took place on June 3, 2014. The general election was held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was March 14, 2014. Incumbent Joe Riding was unopposed in the Democratic primary, while Zach Nunn was unopposed in the Republican primary. Riding faced Nunn in the general election. Nunn defeated the incumbent, Riding, in the general election.
|Iowa House of Representatives District 30, General Election, 2014|
|Democratic||Joe Riding Incumbent||43.9%||5,733|
Riding ran in the 2012 election for Iowa House of Representatives District 30. He ran unopposed in the Democratic primary on June 5, 2012. Incumbent David Jacoby ran in district 74 due to redistricting. Riding defeated Jim Carley (R) in the general election on November 6, 2012.
|Iowa House of Representatives, District 30, General Election, 2012|
Campaign donor information is not yet available for this year.
Riding and his wife, Leann, have two children.
Legislative scorecards are used to evaluate elected public officials based on voting record. Some scorecards are created by political advocacy groups with a focus on specific issues, while others are developed by newspapers and are broad in scope. Scorecards are meant to be used as a tool for voters to have a quick picture of whether their views align with a particular legislator's record.
Because scorecards can be specific to particular issues or general to a state’s legislative term, for example, each report should be considered on its own merits. Each entity that publishes these reports uses different methodologies and definitions for the terms used.
Please see our writing guidelines if you would like to add results from an individual scorecard to this legislator's profile.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Joe + Riding + Iowa + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Iowa House of Representatives
- Iowa House Committees
- Iowa House of Representatives District 30
- Iowa State Legislature
- Profile from the Iowa House of Representatives
- Official campaign website
- Profile from Open States
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- joeriding.com, "Official Campaign Website," accessed April 8, 2014
- joeriding.com, "Official campaign website," accessed September 25, 2014
- Note: This text is quoted verbatim from the original source. Any inconsistencies are attributed to the original source.
- Iowa Secretary of State, "Official primary election candidate list," accessed March 18, 2014
- Iowa Secretary of State, "Official primary election results," accessed June 30, 2014
- Iowa Secretary of State, "Official general election candidate list," accessed July 7, 2014
- The Des Moines Register, "Election2014," accessed November 4, 2014
- Iowa Secretary of State, "Official Primary Results," accessed October 1, 2014
- Iowa Department of Elections, "2012 Primary Candidates," accessed April 23, 2012
David Jacoby (D)
|Iowa House of Representatives District 30
| Succeeded by|
State of Iowa
Des Moines (capital)
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor of State | Director of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture | Director of Natural Resources | Commissioner of Labor | Chair of Utilities |
Iowa Supreme Court | Judicial Nominating and Qualifications Commission | Circuit Court of Appeals | District Courts | Judicial Nominating Commission | Judicial news | Judicial activist organizations |