|Former candidate for|
|Oregon House of Representatives, District 44|
Rowe's professional experience includes working as engineer for 20 years in schools, as a teacher for 7 years in high poverty Title I schools and as a teacher of students with Dyslexia.
Rowe's campaign website highlighted the following issues:
My Election Platform
- Excerpt: "Tax the rich more - tax breaks to the poor."
- Excerpt: "Put people and jobs before profit."
- Excerpt: "Increase education funding, cut class size, solve school inequality, respect teachers, cut high stakes testing, add counselors, add electives, every school a SUN school, increase small day care businesses."
- Excerpt: "Stop cutting our budgets with Nike giveaways and PDC gentrification."
- Excerpt: "Do everything now to start single payer healthcare - I endorse HB2922."
Elections for the office of Oregon House of Representatives took place in 2014. A primary election took place on May 20, 2014. The general election was held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was March 11, 2014. Incumbent Tina Kotek defeated Joe Rowe in the Democratic primary. Michael Harrington was unopposed in the Republican primary. Kotek also ran on the Working Families Party ticket. Kotek defeated Harrington in the general election.
|Oregon House of Representatives District 44, General Election, 2014|
|Democratic||Tina Kotek Incumbent||85.5%||19,760|
|Republican||Michael H. Harrington||13.6%||3,151|
|Oregon House of Representatives, District 44 Democratic Primary, 2014|
|Tina Kotek Incumbent||83%||4,789|
Rowe has a child.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Joe + Rowe + Oregon + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Oregon State Senate elections, 2014
- Oregon State Legislature
- Oregon House of Representatives
- Oregon House of Representatives District 44
- Official campaign website
- Joe Rowe on Facebook
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Oregon Secretary of State - Candidate list