|Illinois House of Representatives District 2|
|Place of birth||Chicago, IL|
Trutin's website highlighted the following campaign themes:
- Excerpt: "Illinois has the 18th largest economy in the world with a state domestic product of 2/3 of a trillion dollars but yet most of our state budget woes stem from poor planning."
- Clean Energy
- Excerpt: "Illinois should use Sustainable Energy. Developing and utilizing more renewable energy such as solar, wind, biomass, biofuels and hydroelectricity is the future."
- Excerpt: "The primary responsibility for education funding has always fallen on local property taxes, which is unfair. Illinois should spend the same amount of money per pupil regardless of where the child lives or goes to school."
- Excerpt: "A Cambridge Systematics study reported that dollars invested in public transportation flow through all sectors of the economy and a cross section of American communities, large and small, urban and rural. Through increased jobs, income, profit and tax revenue, they provide an economic stimulus far exceeding the original investment—as much as six dollars for every dollar invested."
- Victim's Rights
- Excerpt: "I will work for legislation that will help those that have been victimized to get the assistance, information and protections they may need."
Trutin ran in the 2012 election for Illinois House of Representatives District 2. He was defeated by incumbent Edward J. Acevedo in the Democratic primary on March 20, 2012. Lani Wong ran as a Democrat but was removed from the ballot on January 4, 2012.
|Illinois House of Representatives, District Democratic Primary, 2012|
|Edward J. Acevedo Incumbent||54.7%||3,458|
State of Illinois
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Comptroller | Auditor General | Superintendent of Education | Director of Insurance | Director of Agriculture | Director of Natural Resources | Director of Labor | Chairman of Commerce Commission |