|Wisconsin State Assembly, District 1|
|January 5, 2015 - present|
|January 1, 2017|
|Years in position||0|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
|First elected||November 4, 2014|
|Next general||November 8, 2016|
Kitchens' professional experience includes founding and owning an animal veterinary business.
2015 legislative session
At the beginning of the 2015 legislative session, Kitchens served on the following committees:
|Wisconsin Committee Assignments, 2015|
|• Workforce Development|
|• Financial Institutions|
|• Environment and Forestry|
|• Education, Vice-Chair|
- See also: Wisconsin State Assembly elections, 2014
Elections for all 99 seats in the Wisconsin State Assembly took place in 2014. A primary election took place on August 12, 2014. The general election was held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was June 2, 2014. Joe Majeski was unopposed in the Democratic primary. Joel Kitchens defeated Paul Feit, Brian Hackbarth, and Terry McNulty in the Republican primary. Arnie Johnsrud (D) and Jon Kruse (R) were removed from the ballot before the primary elections. Majeski faced Kitchens in the general election. Kitchens defeated Majeski in the general election.
|Wisconsin State Assembly, District 1 General Election, 2014|
|Wisconsin State Assembly, District 1 Republican Primary, 2014|
|Joel C. Kitchens||44%||2,935|
|Paul M. Feit||27.6%||1,841|
Legislative scorecards are used to evaluate elected public officials based on voting record. Some scorecards are created by political advocacy groups with a focus on specific issues, while others are developed by newspapers and are broad in scope. Scorecards are meant to be used as a tool for voters to have a quick picture of whether their views align with a particular legislator's record.
Because scorecards can be specific to particular issues or general to a state’s legislative term, for example, each report should be considered on its own merits. Each entity that publishes these reports uses different methodologies and definitions for the terms used.
Please see our writing guidelines if you would like to add results from an individual scorecard to this legislator's profile.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Joel + Kitchens + Wisconsin + Assembly"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Wisconsin State Legislature
- Wisconsin State Assembly
- Wisconsin State Assembly Committees
- Wisconsin Joint Committees
- Wisconsin state legislative districts
- Profile from the Wisconsin State Legislature
- Official campaign website
- Joel Kitchens on Facebook
- Joel Kitchens on Twitter
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Profile from Open States
- Wisconsin State Legislature
- Joel Kitchens, "About," accessed July 24, 2014
- Milwaukee Wisconsin Journal Sentinel, "Wisconsin 2014 fall primary election results," accessed August 12, 2014
- Wisconsin Government Accountability, "Candidates Registered by Office," June 11, 2014
- Wisconsin Government Accountability Board, "2014 Partisan Primary Candidates," accessed June 19, 2014
- Wisconsin Government Accountability Board, "Canvass Results for 2014 General Election," December 1, 2014
Garey Bies (R)
|Wisconsin State Assembly District 1
| Succeeded by|
State of Wisconsin
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture, Trade and Consumer Protection| Secretary of Natural Resources | Secretary of Workforce Development | Public Service Commission |