Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|California State Assembly District 18|
Young's campaign website listed the following issues:
- Bring jobs here to our community
- Excerpt: "I’m going to make sure that state agencies are buying goods and services from California businesses. The $7.2 billion dollar Bay bridge span was built overseas by thousands of workers."
- Bring high tech start-ups to the East Bay
- Excerpt: "Other Bay area cities are outpacing Oakland, Alameda, and San Leandro in creating green and information technology jobs. We have the potential to attract high tech firms. We have a workforce that is ready to lead the way."
- Bring early childhood education to every child in our community
- Excerpt: "We know that young men of color start to fall behind at an early age, and that as each year goes by it becomes harder and more expensive to intervene, right up to the point that they land in prison. We know that every dollar we invest in early childhood education saves almost three dollars in prison spending down the road. We know that, and yet we’ve failed to act. "
|California State Assembly, District 18 Blanket Primary, 2012|
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Joel + Young + California + Assembly"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.