For status updates, visit lucyburns.org.
Ballotpedia's coverage of elections held on March 3, 2015, was limited. Select races were covered live, and all results will be added once the merger is complete.
|Mississippi State Senate, District 41|
|2008 - present|
|January 3, 2016|
|Years in position||7|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 8, 2011|
|First elected||November 6, 2007|
|Next general||November 3, 2015|
|Bachelor's||University of Southern Mississippi|
|J.D.||Mississippi College School of Law, 1998|
|Date of birth||January 10, 1973|
|Place of birth||Hattiesburg, Mississippi|
Fillingane served in the Mississippi House of Representatives from 2000 to 2006.
Fillingane earned his B.S. from the University of Southern Mississippi in 1994, and J.D. from the Mississippi College School of Law in 1998. His professional experience includes working as a law clerk for the Mississippi Supreme Court from 1998 to 1999, an attorney in the Law Office of William J. Gamble III in 1999, and as a lawyer in the Lamar County District Attorney's Office.
In the 2012-2013 legislative session, Fillingane served on the following committees:
|Mississippi Committee Assignments, 2012|
|• Finance, Chair|
|• Accountability, Efficiency, Transparency|
|• Congressional Redistricting|
|• Economic Development|
|• Judiciary, Division A|
|• Legislative Budget|
|• Legislative Reapportionment|
|• Public Health and Welfare|
In the 2010-2011 legislative session, Fillingane served on these committees:
|Mississippi Committee Assignments, 2010|
|• County Affairs|
|• Drug Policy|
|• Fees, Salaries and Administration|
|• Local and Private|
|• Public Health and Welfare|
- See also: Mississippi State Senate elections, 2011
- See also: Mississippi State Senate elections, 2007
Fillingane raised $170,959 for his campaign.
|Mississippi Senate, District 41|
|Joey Fillingane (R)||9,817||56.5%|
|Gerald Buffington (D)||7,296||42%|
|Vince Thornton (C)||270||1.5%|
In 2011, Fillingane received $55,051 in campaign donations. The top contributors are listed below.
|Mississippi State Senate 2011 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Joey Fillingane's campaign in 2011|
|Mississippi Medical Association||$2,000|
|Mississippi Dental Association||$2,000|
|Mchugh, James P||$1,500|
|Total Raised in 2011||$55,051|
|Total Votes received in 2011||16,445|
|Cost of each vote received||$3.35|
In 2009 Fillingane collected $33,441 in donations.
His four largest contributors in 2009 were:
|Mississippi Hospital Association||$1,950|
Legislative scorecards are used to evaluate elected public officials based on voting record. Some scorecards are created by political advocacy groups with a focus on specific issues, while others are developed by newspapers and are broad in scope. Scorecards are meant to be used as a tool for voters to have a quick picture of whether their views align with a particular legislator's record.
Because scorecards can be specific to particular issues or general to a state’s legislative term, for example, each report should be considered on its own merits. Each entity that publishes these reports uses different methodologies and definitions for the terms used.
Please see our writing guidelines if you would like to add results from an individual scorecard to this legislator's profile.
In 2014, the Legislature was in session from January 7 through April 2.
- Business and Industry Political Education Committee: Legislator "Business and Jobs" Report Card
- Legislators are scored on "economic growth, jobs and other broad job-related issues."
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term Joey + Fillingane + Mississippi + Senate
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Mississippi State Legislature
- Mississippi State Senate
- Senate Committees
- Joint Committees
- Mississippi state legislative districts
- Office website
- Profile from Open States
- Legislative profile on Project Vote Smart
- Biography on Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2009, 2007, 2005, 2003, 1999
- LinkedIn profile
- Mitt Romney for President, "Mitt Romney Announces Support of Mississippi Lt. Governor Reeves and Other Leaders," January 20, 2012 (Archived)
- Mississippi Department of State, 2011 Official State Senate Candidate List
- Mississippi State Senate official election results for 2007
- Follow the Money's report on Fillingane's 2007 campaign contributions
- Follow the Money, "2011 Campaign Contributions," accessed May 15, 2014
- 2009 contributors to Joey Fillingane
- StateScape, "Session Schedules," accessed July 29, 2014
- Business and Industry Political Education Committee, "Legislator 'Business & Jobs' Report Card - 2014 Legislative Session," accessed August 30, 2014
|Mississippi State Senate District 41
| Succeeded by|