Joey Jayson Taylor II
|Former candidate for|
|Kentucky House of Representatives, District 89|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
|High school||North Laurel High School|
|Associate's||Eastern Kentucky University|
|Bachelor's||Eastern Kentucky University|
Taylor is a Laurel County, Kentucky native. He graduated from North Laurel High School in 2009. He earned A.A.S. from Somerset Community College before transferring to Eastern Kentucky University where he earned a B.S. in criminal justice and an A.A. in police studies in 2013.
Taylor's professional experience includes working as a teacher for Knox County Public Schools.
Taylor provided the following statement to Ballotpedia:
|“||Conservative Kentucky Democrat, who is Pro-Life, Pro Gun, and Pro-Coal.||”|
Elections for the office of Kentucky House of Representatives took place in 2014. A primary election took place on May 20, 2014. The general election was held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was January 28, 2014. Joey Jayson Taylor II ran unopposed in the Democratic primary, while incumbent Marie L. Rader defeated Michael Bryant and Gerardo Serrano in the Republican primary. Rader defeated Taylor in the general election.
|Kentucky House of Representatives, District 89 General Election, 2014|
|Republican||Marie Rader Incumbent||70.2%||9,677|
|Democratic||Joey Jayson Taylor II||29.8%||4,116|
|Kentucky House of Representatives, District 89 Republican Primary, 2014|
|Marie Rader Incumbent||65.4%||4,881|
In 2014, Taylor's endorsements include the following:
- Kentucky AFL-CIO
- Teamster's Local 651
- Teamster's Local 783
- Teamster's Local 89
- International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers Local 369
- International Brotherhood of Operating Engineer's Local 181
- United Auto Worker's of Kentucky
- United Mine Workers of America
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Joey + Taylor + Kentucky + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Kentucky Secretary of State, "Candidate Filings with the Office of the Secretary of State," accessed October 29, 2014
- Facebook: "Joey Taylor for State Representative 89th District 2014, About," accessed February 25, 2014
- Information Submitted Through Ballotpedia's Biographical Submission Form on February 17, 2014
- Note: This text is quoted verbatim from the original source. Any inconsistencies are attributed to the original source.
- Kentucky Secretary of State, "Official 2014 Primary Election Results," accessed October 29, 2014
- Kentucky Secretary of State, "Official 2014 General Election Results," accessed December 5, 2014
- Information Submitted Ballotpedia's biographical submission form on May 13, 2014
State of Kentucky
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | State Treasurer | Auditor of Public Accounts | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of Natural Resources | Secretary of Labor Cabinet | Chairman of Public Services |