|U.S. House, Texas, District 36|
|Bachelor's||University of Texas at Austin, 1998|
Amdur graduated from the University of Texas at Austin in 1998 with a Bachelor of Business Administration. He went on to receive a BA in Government from UT and a Law Degree from SMU. Following law school, Amdur got a job as a prosecutor in Dallas. He now runs The Amdur Law Firm, PLLC. Politically, Amdur has volunteered on a number of campaigns for Republican candidates and has been a delegate to Republican conventions.
Amdur's campaign website lists the following issues:
- Reducing Out of Control Debt
- Excerpt: "Career politicians in both parties have taken part in out-of-control spending and driving up our debt. The $17.3 trillion debt that the DC politicians have amassed saddles every U.S. citizen with a debt burden of over $54,000 (and growing!) per person. This is an unacceptable legacy to leave our children and it is time our representatives in Washington get serious about reducing debt and waste."
- Committed to Our Conservative Values
- Excerpt: "Our country was founded on the conservative values that we in District 36 share. It is those values that make our country strong, and it is those values that can get America back on the right track. As your representative, I will always fight hard to protect the sanctity of life, defend our 2nd Amendment rights, and work to slash bureaucratic waste."
- Excerpt: "Obamacare is bad for the country. Like most of Washington’s top-heavy entitlement programs, it was structured to lose money and force insurance premiums to rise. Additionally, through Obamacare, taxpayers are being forced to help subsidize the cost of abortions, since we have to buy into insurance programs that cover them."
- Excerpt: "For over a year, I have worked on my city’s Biggert-Waters task force to try to find ways to fight Biggert-Waters and to educate Congress on the harms of this terrible law. I will fight zealously to get this law off the books."
- Committed to Our Military
- Excerpt: "America has the greatest armed forces the world has ever seen. We are blessed to have these dedicated warriors to keep us safe, and we must support our military and make sure the troops fighting for our freedoms overseas are well equipped and well prepared to face our enemies. This includes keeping our promises to our soldiers and veterans."
|U.S. House, Texas District 36 Republican Primary, 2014|
|Source: Texas Secretary of State|
|John Amdur (2014) Campaign Finance Reports|
|Report||Date Filed||Beginning Balance||Total Contributions|
for Reporting Period
|Expenditures||Cash on Hand|
|Year-End||January 22, 2014||$0||$106,100||$(0)||$106,100|
Amdur and his wife, Stacey, have two daughters.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "John + Amdur + Texas + Congress"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- United States House of Representatives
- Texas' 36th Congressional District elections, 2014
- Texas' 36th Congressional District
- Texas Secretary of State, "2014 March Primary Election Candidate Filings by County," accessed December 10, 2013
- Campaign website, "About John," accessed January 28, 2014
- Campaign website, "Issues," accessed January 28, 2014
- The Texas Tribune, "Primary 2014 Election Results," March 4, 2014
- Federal Election Commission, "John Amdur Year-End," accessed February 13, 2014
State of Texas
|State executive offices||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Secretary of State | Attorney General | Comptroller | State Auditor | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of General Land Office | Chairman of Workforce Commission | Chairman of Public Utilities | Chairman of Railroad Commission |
List of Counties |
List of Cities |
Texas school districts A - L |
Texas school districts M - Z |