John Arthur Sheil
|John Arthur Sheil|
|U.S. House, Ohio, District 2|
|High school||St. Xavier High School|
|J.D.||Northern Kentucky University|
was a 2014 Democratic
candidate seeking election to the U.S. House
to represent the 2nd Congressional District
. Sheil lost in the Democratic primary to Marek Tyszkiewicz
Sheil holds a bachelor's in classical humanities from Miami University. He holds a J.D. from Salmon P. Chase College of Law at NKU. He has used his French and Italian language skills in various businesses he has worked with, including Fidelity Investments, A.C. Neilson, and Sun Chemical. He is the Executive Director of a non-profit called Play it Forward. The organization helps other musicians in the area when their lives face hardships. He runs his own law practice.
Sheil lists the following themes on his campaign website:
- Empowerment: "From sound education policies and increased access to affordable health care, to lobbying reform in Washington, I am focused on issues of equality and putting power in the hands of the people. I truly believe in creating a level playing field where individuals have the power to influence their own destiny."
- Opportunity: "My campaign is focused on strengthening the community by putting Ohioans back to work and creating an economy that’s built to last. The key is a stronger middle class and sound investments in infrastructure that encourage job growth and prosperity."
- Innovation: "I will bring new ideas to Washington that focus on a smarter, more efficient form of government that can focus on smarter investments in the public and private sectors. I will encourage bi-partisanship cooperation and eliminate the hyper-partisanship that leads to a refusal to compromise."
- See also: Ohio's 2nd Congressional District elections, 2014
Sheil ran in the 2014 election for the U.S. House to represent Ohio's 2nd District. Sheil sought the Democratic nomination in the primary, but was defeated by Marek Tyszkiewicz.
|U.S. House, Ohio District 2 Democratic Primary, 2014
| Ronny Harrison Richards
| William Smith
| John Arthur Sheil
|Source: Ohio Secretary of State, Official Election Results
Candidates for Congress are required to file up to seven main reports with the Federal Election Commission during the 2014 elections season. Below are Sheil's reports.
|John Arthur Sheil (2014) Campaign Finance Reports|
|Report||Date Filed||Beginning Balance||Total Contributions|
for Reporting Period
|Expenditures||Cash on Hand|
|October Quarterly||September 30, 2013||$0.00||$2,500.00||$(1,947.00)||$552.00|
|Year-End Quarterly||December 31, 2013||$552.00||$760.00||$(1,064.00)||$187.00|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "John + Arthur + Sheil + Ohio + Congress"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
John Arthur Sheil News Feed
- ↑ Campaign website, "About," accessed January 24, 2014
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Campaign website, "Home," accessed February 26, 2012
- ↑ Federal Election Commission, "John Arthur Sheil Summary Report," accessed February 6, 2014
- ↑ Federal Election Commission, "John Arthur Sheil October Quarterly," accessed February 6, 2014
- ↑ Federal Election Commission, "John Arthur Sheil Year-End Quarterly," accessed February 6, 2014