John B. McCuskey
|John B. McCuskey|
|West Virginia House of Delegates, District 35|
|December 1, 2012 – present|
|December 1, 2014|
|Years in position||2|
|Per diem||$131/day during session|
|Elections and appointments|
|First elected||November 2, 2012|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|High school||George Washington High School|
|Bachelor's||The George Washington University|
|J.D.||West Virginia University College of Law|
|Place of birth||Bridgeport, West Virginia|
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, McCuskey served on the following committees:
|West Virginia Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Political Subdivisions|
|• Banking and Insurance|
|• Joint Judiciary|
McCuskey's website highlighted the following campaign themes, calling them "Defining Issues:"
- Create Jobs
- Promote WV’s Natural Resource Industry
- Lower Taxes
- Advance our Education System
- Control Government Spending
Elections for the office of West Virginia House of Delegates will consist of a primary election on May 13, 2014, and a general election on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was January 25, 2014. Andrew Byrd will face John Caudill, IV, Thornton Cooper, David Harless, Bobbie Hatfield, Bret Nida, Joe Wallace, Gary Winter, and Sherri Wong in the Democratic primary. Incumbents J.B. McCuskey, Eric Nelson, and Suzette Raines will face Richard McGinnis, Marie Sprouse-McDavid, and Chris Stansbury in the Republican primary.
McCuskey won election in the 2012 election for West Virginia House of Delegates, District 35. McCuskey advanced past the May 8 primary election and won election in the general election, which took place on November 6, 2012.
Comprehensive donor information for McCuskey is available dating back to 2012. Based on available campaign finance records, McCuskey raised a total of $104,073 during that time period. This information was last updated on July 30, 2013.
|John B. McCuskey's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||West Virginia State House, District 35||$104,073|
|Grand Total Raised||$104,073|
2012McCuskey won election to the West Virginia House of Delegates in 2012. During that election cycle, McCuskey raised a total of $104,073.
|West Virginia House of Delegates 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to John B. McCuskey's campaign in 2012|
|Jordon, Andrew B||$2,000|
|West Virginia Chamber of Commerce||$1,750|
|Price, Cathy H||$1,000|
|Total Raised in 2012||$104,073|
|Source:Follow the Money|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "John + McCuskey + West + Virginia + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Delegate Office Website
- Official campaign website
- Profile from Open States
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign contributions: 2012
- McCuskey for West Virginia, "Defining issues," accessed October 17, 2012
- WBOY.com "West Virginia General Election Results November 6, 2012" Accessed November 7, 2012
- West Virginia Secretary of State, "Statewide Results - General Election - November 6, 2012," accessed February 12, 2014
- West Virginia Secretary of State, "Statewide Results - Primary Election - May 8, 2012," accessed February 12, 2014
- followthemoney.org, "McCuskey, John B," accessed July 30, 2013
State of West Virginia
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Superintendent of Schools | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Director of Natural Resources | Commissioner of Labor | Chairman of Public Service Commission |