|Minnesota House of Representatives District 21A|
Bacon's website highlights the following campaign themes:
- Excerpt:"I believe we cannot continue to grow while making irresponsible cuts. I fully support the jobs bills that Governor Dayton has proposed, as well as tax incentives for business that create jobs in our state and job programs for our veterans. "
- Excerpt:"I believe Education needs to be put back onto our legislature's priority list. This includes taking definitive measures, such as closing corporate tax loopholes, to pay back the more than two BILLION dollars diverted from our public schools. "
- Excerpt:"Over the past two years, the Republican controlled legislature has put much of the tax burden on the middle class rather than asking the wealthiest Minnesotans to pay more in taxes."
- Excerpt:"Constitutional amendments should not be used to circumvent the legislative process. Our Constitution should be reserved for giving our citizens rights - not taking them away."
Bacon ran in the 2012 election for Minnesota House of Representatives District 21A. He ran unopposed in the Democratic primary on August 14 and was defeated by incumbent Tim Kelly (R) in the general election on November 6, 2012.
|Minnesota House of Representatives, District 21A, General Election, 2012|
|Republican||Tim Kelly Incumbent||57.6%||12,174|
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "John + Bacon + Minnesota + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
State of Minnesota
St. Paul (capital)
Minnesota State Constitution | House of Representatives | Senate | County Attorney | House Research Department | Legislative Reference Library | Senate Counsel Research and Fiscal Analysis | Legislative Auditor |
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Commissioner of Management and Budget | State Auditor | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of Natural Resources | Commissioner of Labor and Industry | Chair of Public Utilities |