|Alabama House of Representatives, District 43|
|High school||John Carroll High School|
|Bachelor's||University of Alabama|
|Place of birth||Birmingham, AL|
Bahakel is an attorney. He has worked in a large communications company and in private practice.
Bahakel's website highlighted the following campaign themes:
- Develop more parks and green spaces for families
- Attract more businesses and create more jobs
- Attain funding for better roads
- Lower taxes
- Create more transparency in government
- Reduce government interference with businesses
Elections for the office of Alabama House of Representatives will take place in 2014. A primary election took place June 3, 2014; a runoff election took place where necessary on July 15, 2014. The general election will take place on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was February 7, 2014. Doug Clark, Arnold Mooney, Amie Beth Shaver, Cheryl Ciamarra, John Bahakel, Gina McDonald, and Don Murphy faced off in the Republican primary. Because no candidate received more than 50 percent of the vote, the top two vote-getters - Mooney and Shaver - met in a runoff election, which Mooney won. Mooney is unchallenged in the general election.
Bahakel and his wife, Robin, have two children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "John + Bahakel + Alabama + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Alabama State Legislature
- Alabama state legislative districts
- Alabama State Senate
- Alabama State Senate elections, 2014
- John Bahakel, "About," accessed May 10, 2014
- AL.com, "Alabama primary runoffs: Live results from select statewide races," July 15, 2014
- Alabama Democrats, "Qualified candidates for public office list," accessed February 27, 2014
- Alabama Republican Party, "State Senate," accessed February 27, 2014
- Alabama Secretary of State, "Official Democratic Primary Results," accessed June 20, 2014
- Alabama Secretary of State, "Official Republican Primary Results," accessed June 20, 2014
State of Alabama
|State executive officers||
Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer| Auditor| Superintendent of Education| Commissioner of Insurance| Commissioner of Agriculture and Industries| Commissioner of Agriculture and Industries| Commissioner of Labor| Public Service Commission|