|Arkansas House of Representatives District 7|
|January 14, 2013-Present|
|January 12, 2015|
|Years in position||1|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
|First elected||November 6, 2012|
|High school||El Dorado High School|
|Bachelor's||University of Mississippi & Arkansas State University|
|Master's||Arkansas State University & Louisiana Tech University|
|Place of birth||El Dorado, AR|
Baine earned his B.S. in Public Administration from the University of Mississippi, his B.S. in Accountancy from Arkansas State University, his M.S. in Public Administration from Arkansas State University and his M.S. in Professional Accountancy from Louisiana Tech University. His professional experience includes working as General Manager of JABWeb from 1993 to 2003, Accountant for Medical Center of South Arkansas from 2003 to 2007, Accountant for Murphy Oil Corporation from 2007 to 2013 and Accountant for Murphy USA Inc. since 2013.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Baine served on the following committees:
|Arkansas Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Joint Energy|
|• Aging, Children and Youth, Legislative and Military Affairs|
Elections for the office of Arkansas House of Representatives took place in 2014. A primary election took place on May 20, 2014; a runoff election took place where necessary on June 10, 2014. The general election was held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was March 3, 2014. Incumbent John Baine was unopposed in the Democratic primary and was unchallenged in the general election.
Baine ran in the 2012 election for Arkansas House of Representatives, District 7. Baine and Albert Glenn Glover defeated James McMenis in the May 22 Democratic primary. Baine then defeated McMenis in the June 12 primary runoff and faced no opposition in the general election on November 6, 2012.
|Arkansas House of Representatives District 7 Democratic Primary, 2012|
|John Baine (advanced to runoff)||44.5%||790|
|Albert Glenn Glover (advanced to runoff)||28%||497|
Comprehensive donor information for Baine is available dating back to 2012. Based on available campaign finance records, Baine raised a total of $34,765 during that time period. This information was last updated on August 6, 2013.
|John Baine's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||Arkansas State House, District 7||$34,765|
|Grand Total Raised||$34,765|
2012Baine won election to the Arkansas House of Representatives in 2012. During that election cycle, Baine raised a total of $34,765.
|Arkansas House of Representatives 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to John Baine's campaign in 2012|
|Baine, James E||$2,000|
|Total Raised in 2012||$34,765|
|Source:Follow the Money|
Legislative scorecards are used to evaluate elected public officials based on voting record. Some scorecards are created by political advocacy groups with a focus on specific issues, while others are developed by newspapers and are broad in scope. Scorecards are meant to be used as a tool for voters to have a quick picture of whether their views align with a particular legislator's record.
Because scorecards can be specific to particular issues or general to a state’s legislative term, for example, each report should be considered on its own merits. Each entity that publishes these reports uses different methodologies and definitions for the terms used.
Please see our writing guidelines if you would like to add results from an individual scorecard to this legislator's profile.
- Legislators are scored on their votes on the principles the Advance Arkansas Institute seeks to promote: free markets, individual liberty and limited transparent government.
- Legislators are scored on the bills that the CFC found most important.
- Legislators are scored on the bills specifically supported by Arkansas Learns.
Baine has a wife, Jennifer.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "John + Baine + Arkansas + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Rep. John Baine - Arkansas House of Representatives
- Official campaign website
- Profile from Open States
- John Baine on Facebook
- John Baine on Twitter
- Campaign contributions: 2012
- baine4arkansas.com, "Biography," accessed March 25, 2014
- Arkansas Secretary of State, "Candidate Information," accessed March 5, 2014
- Arkansas Secretary of State, "Official primary election results," accessed June 26, 2014
- Arkansas Secretary of State, "Election Results 2012," accessed November 7, 2012
- Arkansas Secretary of State, "2012 Election candidates," March 8, 2012
- Arkansas Secretary of State, "Unofficial primary runoff results," accessed May 12, 2014
- Arkansas Secretary of State, "Arkansas State Primary Election, May 22, 2012," accessed July 11, 2012
- followthemoney.org, "Baine, John," accessed August 6, 2013
- StateScape, "Session schedules," accessed July 1, 2014
Garry Smith (D)
|Arkansas House of Representatives District 7
| Succeeded by|
State of Arkansas
Little Rock (capital)
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor of State | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture | Executive Director of Natural Resources Commission | Commissioner of State Lands| Director of Labor | Public Service Commission|