|Pennsylvania State House District 97|
|2007 - 2013|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 2, 2010|
|Master's||University of Pennsylvania|
Bear earned his B.A. in Political Science from Temple University. He went on to receive his MGA in Governmental Administration from the University of Pennsylvania. He then attended Fund for American Studies at Georgetown University.
Bear works as a Management Consultant for BearingPoint, and also served as a Councilman for the Lititz Borough.
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Bear served on these committees:
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Bear served on these committees:
- Aging & Older Adult Services Committee, Pennsylvania House of Representatives
- Finance Committee, Pennsylvania House of Representatives
- Labor Relations Committee, Pennsylvania House of Representatives
|Pennsylvania State House, District 97|
|John Bear (R)||17,993||72.2%|
|F. Patrick O'Keeffe (D)||6,919||27.8%|
|Pennsylvania House of Representatives, District 97|
|John C. Bear (R)||26,548||100.0%|
In 2010, Bear received $54,030 in campaign donations. The top contributors are listed below.
|Pennsylvania House of Representatives 2010 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to John Bear's campaign in 2010|
|Cmte To Elect Bear||$11,383|
|Pennsylvania Associated Builders & Contractors||$10,000|
|Pennsylvania Leadership Fund||$2,103|
|Lancaster County Association Of Realators||$1,500|
|Total Raised in 2010||$54,030|
Bear and his wife, Bobbie, have one child.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google News search for the term "John + Bear + Pennsylvania + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Pennsylvania House of Representatives - Rep. Bear
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2008, 2006
- Pennsylvania Department of State, "Official Primary Results," accessed April 15, 2014
- Pennsylvania Department of State, "2012 Primary Candidate List," April 15, 2014
- 2010 general election results from the Pennsylvania Secretary of State's office
- Pennsylvania Department of State, "Official 2008 General Election Results," accessed April 15, 2014
- Follow the Money - 2010 donations
|Pennsylvania House Of Representatives District 97
| Succeeded by|
Steven Mentzer (R)
State of Pennsylvania
|State executive offices||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor General | Secretary of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture | Secretary of Conservation and Natural Resources | Secretary of Labor & Industry | Chairman of Public Utilities |