John Bell (North Carolina)
|North Carolina House of Representatives District 10|
|January 1, 2015|
|Years in position||0|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|First elected||November 6, 2012|
|Next election||November 4, 2014|
Bell completed an undergraduate degree from the University of North Carolina-Wilmington. He is a Manager of Sales and Business Development at North Carolina Community Federal Credit Union.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Bell served on the following committees:
|North Carolina Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Agriculture, Vice Chair|
|• Homeland Security, Military, and Veterans Affairs|
Bell's website highlighted the following campaign themes:
- "We need to grow our economy and bring jobs to our area. We must develop our natural deep water port in Morehead City, expand our highway and railroad infrastructure, eliminate regulations that hurt small business, and fight for our teachers by keeping money in the classroom. I will work with other legislators, community leaders and business owners to better District 10 and Eastern North Carolina."
Bell ran in the 2012 election for North Carolina House of Representatives District 10. He defeated incumbent Stephen LaRoque in the Republican primary on May 8, 2012. He defeated Jim Babe Hardison (D) in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
|North Carolina House of Representatives, District 10, General Election, 2012|
|Democratic||Jim Babe Hardison||33.4%||12,270|
|North Carolina House of Representatives District 10 Republican Primary, 2012|
|Stephen LaRoque Incumbent||49.7%||3,871|
Comprehensive donor information for Bell is available dating back to 2012. Based on available campaign finance records, Bell raised a total of $77,118 during that time period. This information was last updated on August 29, 2013.
|John Bell's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||North Carolina House of Representatives, District 10||$77,118|
|Grand Total Raised||$77,118|
2012Bell won election to the North Carolina House of Representatives in 2012. During that election cycle, Bell raised a total of $77,118.
|North Carolina House of Representatives 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to John Bell (North Carolina)'s campaign in 2012|
|North Carolina Republican Party||$6,167|
|Perry, James A||$2,386|
|North Carolina Advocates for Justice||$2,000|
|Howell Jr, Frank||$2,000|
|Edwards, Abigail S||$2,000|
|Total Raised in 2012||$77,118|
|Source:Follow the Money|
Bell and his wife, Kelli, currently reside in Goldsboro, North Carolina.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "John + Bell + North Carolina + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Roundabout ? What's Happening Dec. 12-18 - Salisbury Post
- Community Calendar for the Midlands, Dec. 12 - The State
- Business Briefs - Week of 12/12 - Huntersville Herald
- MDJ Time Capsule: The Week of Dec. 12 - Marietta Daily Journal
- Community Calendar for the Midlands, Dec. 11 - The State
- Southern Transplants: How Steve Jobs got the liver he needed in Memphis - 10News
- JAWS and the 2014 Hall of Fame ballot: Barry Bonds - SI.com
- Community Calendar for the Midlands, Dec. 10 - The State
- Baxley working on bill aimed at planned Olustee Union memorial - Ocala
- Remembering World War II on the anniversary of Pearl Harbor - Denver Post
<ref> tags exist, but no
<references/> tag was found
- Office website
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative Profile from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign contributions: 2012
Stephen LaRoque (R)
|North Carolina House - District 10
| Succeeded by|
State of North Carolina
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Secretary of Environment and Natural Resources | Commissioner of Labor | Chairman of Utilities |