|Maryland State Senate, District 8|
|Maryland House of Delegates, District 9|
|1987 - 1995|
Bishop's website highlighted the following campaign themes:
|“||-I will be a voice for the working families in the 8th District and in Maryland.
-It's time for an enforceable Employee Bill of Rights, an employee should only be disciplined or discharged for just cause. I will sponsor or support legislation to establish a new employer/employee relationship.
-Employees should have the ability to work without fear and have the right to speak up to defend themselves.
-Modify the Family Law article to insure that child custody decisions are made with the interest of the child as the primary factor.
-Developing new jobs in emerging or resugent sectors, such as clean energy and manufacturing.
-Legislation to create a Maryland Commission on Efficiency in Goverment [sic] to ensure Government Accountability and insure that State Agencies and programs are operated efficiently and stay on mission.
-Establish an income subtraction exemption, on pensions for returees over 65, at $10,000, to create an incentive for the migration of retirees to Maryland.
- See also: Maryland State Senate elections, 2014
Elections for the office of Maryland State Senate will take place in 2014. A primary election took place June 24, 2014. The general election will take place on November 4, 2014. The filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was February 25, 2014. Incumbent Katherine Klausmeier defeated John Bishop in the Democratic primary. Erik Lofstad was unopposed in the Republican primary.
|Maryland State Senate, District 8 Democratic Primary, 2014|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "John + Bishop + Maryland + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Maryland State Senate
- Maryland State Senate District 8
- Maryland State Senate elections, 2014
- Maryland State Legislature
- Official campaign website
- John Bishop on Facebook
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Maryland Secretary of State - Official primary election candidate list
- Maryland Secretary of State, "Official primary election candidate list," accessed March 3, 2014
- Committee to Elect John Bishop, "About John," accessed May 23, 2014
- Committee to Elect John Bishop, "Issues," accessed May 23, 2014
- Note: This text is quoted verbatim from the original source. Any inconsistencies are attributed to the original source.
- Maryland State Board of Elections, "Unofficial Results for the 2014 Gubernatorial Primary Election," accessed June 25, 2014