|Michigan House of Representatives, District 62|
|January 1, 2015 - present|
|December 31, 2016|
|Years in position||0|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
|Term limits||3 terms|
Bizon's website highlighted the following campaign themes:
- Excerpt: "We cannot afford to leave our children behind, being unable to read or do math, if we are to have an effective workforce. We can’t attract good jobs without prepared and educated workers. Let’s get the bureaucracy out of the way, let our teachers teach and ask teachers how to get the best for our children."
- Excerpt: "Our children are our most valuable resource. We must make supporting the structures that will ensure their success a priority. Through state policies and our tax code, we often make it more difficult to raise children. We need to measure the success or failure of our social programs by their effect on our children."
- Excerpt: "I’m supportive of Governor Snyder’s initiatives encouraging business expansion in Michigan. We require an empowered and appropriately trained pool of talented individuals to help our companies be successful in the competitive world market we find ourselves in."
- Excerpt: "Our health care system is broken and often costs too much for the average person to be able to afford. We must focus on helping our citizens be healthier, lower the cost of health care and at the same time improve the quality of care."
- Excerpt: "I am pro-second amendment as it is a founding principle within the Constitution. I carry my CPL (concealed pistol license). However, with great rights come great responsibilities. We need to ensure our neighbors are safe and those who use weapons do so only in a law abiding manner. We must make further strides in identifying mental illness in our community and provide better support for individuals who are so affected."
Elections for the office of Michigan House of Representatives took place in 2014. A primary election was held on August 5, 2014, and a general election was held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was April 22, 2014. Andy Helmboldt defeated Dave Morgan and Terris Todd in the Democratic primary. John Bizon defeated Art Kale in the Republican primary. Bizon defeated Helmboldt in the general election.
|Michigan House of Representatives, District 62 General Election, 2014|
|Michigan House of Representatives, District 62 Democratic Primary, 2014|
|Michigan House of Representatives, District 62 Republican Primary, 2014|
In 2014, Bizon's endorsements included the following:
- Right to Life of Michigan
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "John + Bizon + Michigan + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Michigan House of Representatives
- Michigan House of Representatives District 62
- Michigan House of Representatives elections, 2014
- Michigan State Legislature
- Michigan State Republicans - John Bizon
- Official campaign website
- Legislative Profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Profile from Vote-USA
- John Bizon on Facebook
- drjohnbizon.com, "Issues," accessed July 30, 2014 (dead link)
- Michigan Secretary of State, "Representative in State Legislature," accessed August 6, 2014
- Michigan Secretary of State, "Representative in State Legislature," accessed December 5, 2014
- Michigan Secretary of State, "2014 Official Michigan Primary Candidate Listing," accessed May 27, 2014
- Michigan Secretary of State, "2014 Official Michigan General Candidate Listing," accessed September 8, 2014
- Right to Life of Michigan, "Elections," accessed June 18, 2014
State of Michigan
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor General | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Director of Agriculture and Rural Development | Director of Natural Resources | Director of Labor and Economic Growth | Chairman of Public Service Commission |
Michigan Supreme Court | Supreme Court Elections | Court of Appeals | First Circuit Court of Appeals | Second Circuit Court of Appeals | Third Circuit Court of Appeals | Fourth Circuit Court of Appeals | List of Michigan Circuit Courts | Judicial Nominating Commission | Judicial news | Judicial activist organizations |