|Kansas House of Representatives District 40|
|January 14, 2013 - Present|
|January 8, 2017|
|Years in position||2|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
|First elected||November 6, 2012|
Bradford served as an officer in the United States Army.
2015 legislative session
At the beginning of the 2015 legislative session, Bradford served on the following committees:
|Kansas Committee Assignments, 2015|
|• Federal and State Affairs|
|• Financial Institutions|
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Bradford served on the following committees:
|Kansas Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Veterans, Military and Homeland Security|
|• Social Services Budget|
Bradford's website highlighted the following campaign themes:
Pro 2nd Amendment
Balanced State Budget
Elections for the office of Kansas House of Representatives took place in 2014. A primary election was held on August 5, 2014, and a general election was held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was June 2, 2014. Linda Johnson was unopposed in the Democratic primary. Incumbent John Bradford was unopposed in the Republican primary. Bradford defeated Johnson in the general election.
|Kansas House of Representatives District 40, General Election, 2014|
|Republican||John Bradford Incumbent||54%||3,044|
Bradford won election in the 2012 election for Kansas House of Representatives District 40. Bradford defeated Janette Holdeman in the August 7 Republican primary and defeated Linda Johnson (D) in the general election, which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Kansas House of Representatives, District 40, General Election, 2012|
|Kansas House of Representatives, District 40 Republican Primary, 2012|
Comprehensive donor information for Bradford is available dating back to 2012. Based on available campaign finance records, Bradford raised a total of $21,102 during that time period. This information was last updated on June 13, 2013.
|John Bradford's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||Kansas State House, District 40||$21,102|
|Grand Total Raised||$21,102|
2012Bradford won election to the Kansas House of Representatives in 2012. During that election cycle, Bradford raised a total of $21,102.
|Kansas House of Representatives 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to John Bradford's campaign in 2012|
|Kansas Chamber of Commerce & Industry||$1,078|
|Leavenworth Republican Central Cmte||$500|
|Kansas Citizens For Life Liberty & Property||$500|
|Free State PAC||$500|
|Total Raised in 2012||$21,102|
|Source: Follow the Money|
Kansas Freedom Index
The Kansas Policy Institute, Kansas’s "first free market think tank," releases its legislator scorecard as a part of its Kansas Freedom Index for Kansas state representatives and senators once a year. The Score Card gives each legislator a score from 1%-100% based on how they voted in the prior legislative term on specific issues which the Kansas Policy Institute thought were pro-limited government policies.
John Bradford received a score of 66.0% in the 2013 index.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "John + Bradford + Kansas + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Kansas House of Representatives
- House Committees
- Joint Committees
- Kansas state legislative districts
- Kansas State Legislature
- Rep. Bradford's website
- Profile from Open States
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- John Bradford on Facebook
- John Bradford on Twitter
- John Bradford on LinkedIn
- Campaign Contributions: 2012
- "johnbradfordks," Official Campaign Website (timed out)
- Kansas Secretary of State, "2014 Primary Election - Official Vote Totals," accessed September 15, 2014
- Kansas Secretary of State, "Candidates for the 2014 General (unofficial)," accessed September 15, 2014
- Kansas Secretary of State, "Candidates for the 2012 primary (unofficial)," accessed June 26, 2012
- C-SPAN, "Kansas - Summary Vote Results," accessed August 7, 2012
- followthemoney.org, "Bradford, John," accessed June 13, 2013
- Kansas Policy Institute, "Freedom Index," accessed March 31, 2014
- Ballotpedia, "2013 Kansas Policy Index," accessed March 10, 2015
Melanie Meier (D)
|Kansas House of Representatives District 40
| Succeeded by|
State of Kansas
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture | Secretary of Wildlife and Parks | Secretary of Labor | Corporation Commission |