|Nevada Assembly District 33|
| Term in office began|
| Term in office ended|
Carpenter owned Ranchers Realty from 1988 to 2004; Cimarron West from 1985 to 2004; Carpenter Ranch from 1965 to 2004; and was manager of Magnuson Ranch from 1949 to 1965. He and his wife, Roseann, have seven children: John, Scott, Elizabeth, Susan, Lois, Douglas and Linda.
While in the Nevada Assembly, Carpenter served on the following committees:
- Corrections, Parole, and Probation Committee, Nevada Assembly
- Judiciary Committee, Nevada Assembly
- Natural Resources, Agriculture and Mining Committee, Nevada Assembly
- Transportation Committee, Nevada Assembly
Carpenter raised $57,300 for his campaign.
|Nevada State Assembly, District 33 (2008)|
|John Carpenter (R)||11,160||69.53%|
Listed below are the five largest contributors to John Carpenter's 2008 campaign.
|Associated General Contractors of Las Vegas||$2,500|
|South Point Hotel & Casino||$2,500|
- Nevada Assembly - Rep. John Carpenter
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2008, 2006, 2004, 2002, 1998
|Nevada State Assembly District 33
| Succeeded by|