|Maine State Senate, District 15|
|December 5, 2012 - Present|
|December 3, 2014|
|Years in position||2|
|Base salary||$13,852/year (first regular session) |
$9,661/year (second regular session)
|Per diem||$38/day, plus $32/day for meals|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
|First elected||November 6, 2012|
|Term limits||4 terms (8 years)|
|Birthday||January 30, 1950|
|Place of birth||Lewiston, Maine|
John Cleveland is a Democratic member of the Maine State Senate, representing District 15. He was first elected to the chamber in 2012.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Cleveland served on the following committees:
|Maine Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Energy, Utilities and Technology, Chair|
|• Labor, Commerce, Research and Economic Development|
- See also: Maine State Senate elections, 2014
Elections for the office of Maine State Senate took place in 2014. A primary election took place on June 10, 2014, and a general election was held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for party candidates wishing to run in this election was March 17, 2014. The deadline for write-in candidates to run in the primary election was April 28, 2014, and the deadline for non-party candidates to run in the general election was June 2, 2014. District 15 incumbent John Cleveland ran unopposed in the Democratic primary, while Eric Brakey was unopposed in the Republican primary. Brakey defeated Cleveland in the general election.
|Maine State Senate District 20, General Election, 2014|
|Democratic||John Cleveland Incumbent||39.8%||7,144|
- See also: Maine State Senate elections, 2012
Cleveland won election in the 2012 election for Maine State Senate District 15. He ran unopposed in the Democratic primary on June 12, 2012, and defeated incumbent Lois Snowe-Mello (R) in the general election on November 6, 2012.
|Maine State Senate, District 15, General Election, 2012|
|Republican||Lois Mello Incumbent||46.5%||8,982|
Comprehensive donor information for Cleveland is available dating back to 2012. Based on available campaign finance records, Cleveland raised a total of $34,354 during that time period. This information was last updated on September 12, 2013.
|John Cleveland's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||Maine State Senate, District 15||$34,354|
|Grand Total Raised||$34,354|
2012Cleveland won election to the Maine State Senate in 2012. During that election cycle, Cleveland raised a total of $34,354.
|Maine State Senate 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to John Cleveland's campaign in 2012|
|Cleveland, Debora R||$800|
|Cleveland, John J||$765|
|Sussman, S Donald||$700|
|Mitchell, James F (Jim)||$700|
|Total Raised in 2012||$34,354|
|Source:Follow the Money|
Cleveland is married to his wife, Deborah.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "John + Cleveland + Maine + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Maine State Legislature
- Maine State Senate
- Maine Senate Committees
- Maine Joint Committees
- Maine state legislative districts
- John Cleveland on the Maine State Senate website
- Profile from Open States
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign contributions: 2012
- Bureau of Corporations, Elections & Commissions, "List of Primary Candidates," May 8, 2014
- Bureau of Corporations, Elections & Commissions, "List of Non-Party Candidates," June 2, 2014
- Bureau of Corporations, Elections & Commissions, "Primary Election - June 10, 2014," accessed December 5, 2014
- Bureau of Corporations, Elections & Commissions, "General Election - November 4, 2014," accessed December 5, 2014
- Maine Secretary of State, "Primary Candidate List," accessed June 12, 2012
- followthemoney.org, "Cleveland, John," accessed September 12, 2013
Lois Snowe Mello (R)
|Maine State Senate District 15
| Succeeded by|