|U.S. House, California, District 46|
|Bachelor's||Biola University, 1989|
|Master's||University of La Verne, 2007|
was a 2014 Republican
candidate who sought election to the U.S. House
to represent the 46th Congressional District
Cullum sought election to the U.S. House to represent the 46th Congressional District of California in 2012 as well.
Cullum earned his B.A. in Christian Education with a minor in Business Administration from Biola University in 1989. He went on to receive his Master's of Business Administration from the University of La Verne in 2007. He later attended the Advanced Leadership Institute at Harvard Business School in 2008.
Cullum has worked for Southern California Gas Company as a strategy manager/accountant since 1985. He has also been executive partner of Dellum National Properties since 2004.
Cullum listed the following issues in a biographical submission to Ballotpedia.
- Strengthening the Economy and Jobs
- Investing in Domestic Energy
- Focusing on Small Business
- Reducing Regulations
- Revitalizing Manufacturing and California Agriculture
- Making it Affordable and providing Choices
- Reducing Government Spending
- Smaller Government
- Requiring a Balanced Budget / Spending Cap
- Give our children a future
- See also: California's 46th Congressional District elections, 2014
Cullum ran in the 2014 election for the U.S. House to represent California's 46th District. Cullum was defeated in the blanket primary on June 3, 2014.
|U.S. House, California District 46 Primary, 2014
Loretta Sanchez Incumbent
|| Adam Nick
|| John Cullum
|| Carlos Vazquez
|| Ehab Atalla
|Source: The New York Times Vote totals above are unofficial and will be updated once official totals are made available.
- See also: California's 46th Congressional District elections, 2012
Cullum ran in the 2012 election for the U.S. House to represent California's 46th District. He was defeated in the open primary on June 5, 2012.
|U.S. House, California District 46 Open Primary, 2012
Loretta Sanchez (D) Incumbent
|Jerry Hayden (R)
| John Cullum (R)
| Jorge Rocha (NPP)
| Pat Garcia (R)
Cullum ran unsuccessfully for election to the City of Placentia City Council in 2002. He was defeated by Chris Lowe in the November 5, 2002, general election.
| City of Placentia City Council General election (2002)
| Chris Lowe
| Norman Z. Eckenrode
| John J. Cullum
| Rodd Duff
Candidates for Congress are required to file reports with the Federal Election Commission during the 2014 elections season. Below are Cullum's reports.
|John Cullum (2014) Campaign Finance Reports|
|Report||Date Filed||Beginning Balance||Total Contributions|
for Reporting Period
|Expenditures||Cash on Hand|
|April Quarterly||April 11, 2014||$53||$7,451||$(7,269)||$235|
|Pre-Primary||May 20, 2014||$235||$750||$(913)||$71|
**As of the 2014 Pre-Primary Report, Cullum's committee owed $3,801 in outstanding loans to John Cullum.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "John + Cullum + California + Congress"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
John Cullum News Feed
- ↑ Campaign website, accessed March 10, 2014
- ↑ [Bio Submission form, April 17, 2012]
- ↑ The New York Times, "California Primary Results," June 3, 2014
- ↑ California Secretary of State, "Official primary candidate list," accessed March 13, 2014
- ↑ California Secretary of State, "Unofficial election results," November 6, 2012
- ↑ Orange County Registrar of Voters, "Election Results Archive," accessed June 10, 2010
- ↑ Federal Election Commission, "John Cullum April Quarterly," accessed May 6, 2014
- ↑ Federal Election Commission, "John Cullum Pre-Primary," accessed June 3, 2014