John D. Carson
|John D. Carson|
|Indiana State Senate, District 38|
|Birthday||May 3, 1970|
|Place of birth||Terre Haute, Indiana|
Carson's professional experience includes working as the owner of a window cleaning and pressure washing business.
Carson's website highlighted the following themes:
Taxes & Jobs
- Excerpt: "The only legitimate way to raise substantial revenues to the state, are to implement policies that create a rich, fertile environment for sustained long term economic growth."
- Excerpt: "Education, be it public, private, charter school, or homeschooling, needs to be supported and funded with the ultimate goal of producing a highly educated student ready for the workforce, or post secondary education. If one is truly in favor of producing students with a superior education, the “infantry” on the “front line” of this battle are the teachers."
- Excerpt: "[Indiana is] still a place where one can truly feel comfortable with who they are, and who their neighbor is. Whatever social ills trending in San Francisco, Denver, or New York City should have no bearing on how we live our lives in the Hoosier state. That’s why we live here and not there."
- See also: Indiana State Senate elections, 2014
Elections for the office of Indiana State Senate will take place in 2014. A primary election took place May 6, 2014. The general election will be held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was February 7, 2014. Incumbent Tim Skinner was unopposed in the Democratic primary, while Jon Ford defeated John D. Carson in the Republican primary. Skinner will face Ford in the general election.
|Indiana State Senate, District 38 Republican Primary, 2014|
|John D. Carson||48.3%||2,374|
Carson and his wife, Sarah, have five children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "John + Carson + Indiana + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Indiana State Senate
- Indiana State Senate District 38
- Indiana State Senate elections, 2014
- Indiana State Legislature
- Official campaign website
- John Carson on Facebook
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Official candidate list
- John Carson for Senate, "About John," accessed April 23, 2014
- John Carson for Senate, "View Points," accessed April 23, 2014
- Indiana Secretary of State, "Official primary election candidate list," accessed February 10, 2014
- Indiana Secretary of State, "Official primary election results," accessed June 12, 2014