John D. Moss
|Virginia Beach City Council|
|Years in position||3|
|Elections and appointments|
|Master's||Naval Warfare College and Old Dominion University|
|Other||John F. Kennedy School of Government, Harvard University|
|Service/branch||United States Navy|
|Years of service||1979-Present|
Moss's education background includes a B.A. from Virginia Tech; an M.S. from Naval Warfare College; an M.P.A. from Old Dominion University; and participation in the Senior Federal Fellows Program at the John F. Kennedy School of Government, Harvard University. His professional experience includes working as the Director for Submarine Program Requirements and Warfare Development in the Commander Submarine Forces Atlantic.
The city of Virginia Beach, Virginia will hold elections for city council on November 4, 2014. The filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was March 27, 2014, for party-affiliated candidates and was June 10, 2014, for non-party candidates. The filing deadline for seats where an incumbent has not filed to run for re-election was August 15, 2014. Six council seats are up for election. In the at-large race, incumbents Brad Martin and John D. Moss will face M. Ben Davenport and George Furman, III.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "John + Moss + Virginia Beach"
- All stories may not be relevant due to the nature of the search engine.
- Virginia City Council, "Biography," accessed on August 13, 2014
- Campaign Website, "Resume and Profile," accessed on August 13, 2014
- Virginia State Board of Elections, "November 4, 2014 Elections Candidacy Requirements For Local Offices," accessed May 15, 2014
- City of Virginia Beach, "Official Candidate List," accessed on September 3, 2014
|Virginia Beach City Council
| Succeeded by|