Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Iowa House of Representatives, District 91|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
Dabeet is the Chair of the Business Department at Muscatine Community College, where he is an Economics and Statistics professor. He is also an adjunct professor at Iowa Wesleyan College.
Dabeet's website highlights the following campaign themes:
- "Create a world class quality educational system from pre-school through the university level for all Iowans to prepare them for competition in the 21st century."
- "Facilitate good paying jobs for our Muscatine area."
- "Increase the focus on Workforce Development and the strengthening of the middle class."
- "Make Iowa a Green State by expanding renewable energy options. "
- "Seek relief from rising property taxes."
- "Strengthen the safety and security of the Muscatine area by supporting our law enforcement and emergency services."
- "Make the Muscatine area a good place to work and a quality place to live and raise a family."
- "Insure that all Iowans have quality, affordable and accessible Health care. "
Elections for the office of Iowa House of Representatives will take place in 2014. A primary election took place June 3, 2014. The general election will take place on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was March 14, 2014. John Dabeet was unopposed in the Democratic primary, while Gary Carlson defeated Mark Cisneros in the Republican primary. Dabeet will face Carlson in the general election.
|Iowa House of Representatives, District 91 Republican Primary, 2014|
Dabeet ran in the 2012 election for Iowa House of Representatives District 91. He ran unopposed in the Democratic primary on June 5, 2012 and was defeated by District 80 incumbent Mark S. Lofgren (R) in the general election on November 6, 2012.
|Iowa House of Representatives, District 91, General Election, 2012|
|Republican||Mark S. Lofgren Incumbent||53.3%||7,426|
Dabeet and his wife Abeer have two children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "John + Dabeet + Iowa + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Official campaign website
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- John Dabeet on Facebook
- "standwithdabeet," Official Campaign Website
- Iowa Secretary of State, "Official primary election candidate list," accessed March 18, 2014
- Iowa Secretary of State, "Official primary election results," accessed June 30, 2014
- Iowa Secretary of State, "Official Primary Results," accessed April 7, 2014
- Iowa Department of Elections, "2012 Primary Candidates," accessed April 26, 2012
State of Iowa
Des Moines (capital)
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor of State | Director of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture | Director of Natural Resources | Commissioner of Labor | Chair of Utilities |
Iowa Supreme Court | Judicial Nominating and Qualifications Commission | Circuit Court of Appeals | District Courts | Judicial Nominating Commission | Judicial news | Judicial activist organizations |