John Davis (Oregon)
|Oregon House of Representatives District 26|
|January 12, 2015|
|Years in position||1|
|Deputy Minority Leader, Oregon House of Representatives|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|First elected||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Bachelor's||George Fox University|
|J.D.||Willamette University College of Law|
Davis earned his B.A. from George Fox University and his J.D. from Willamette University College of Law. His professional experience includes work as a clerk at the General Counsel's Office at Willamette University and as the creator of the Northwest Small Business Law Blog.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Davis served on the following committees:
|Oregon Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Land Use|
|• Transportation and Economic Development|
Elections for the office of Oregon House of Representatives will take place in 2014. A primary election took place May 20, 2014. The general election will take place on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was March 11, 2014. Eric Squires was unopposed in the Democratic primary. Incumbent John Davis was unopposed in the Republican primary. Chuck Huntting is running as a Libertarian candidate. Squires, Davis and Huntting will face off in the general election.
Davis won election in the 2012 election for Oregon House District 26. David was selected to replace incumbent Matt Wingard on the ballot after Wingard withdrew from the race in June. Davis defeated Wynne Wakkila (D) in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Oregon House of Representatives, District 26, General Election, 2012|
Comprehensive donor information for Davis is available dating back to 2012. Based on available campaign finance records, Davis raised a total of $104,511 during that time period. This information was last updated on June 13, 2013.
|John Davis's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||Oregon State House, District 26||$104,511|
|Grand Total Raised||$104,511|
2012Davis won election to the Oregon State House in 2012. During that election cycle, Davis raised a total of $104,511.
|Oregon State House 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to John Davis's campaign in 2012|
|Oregon Healthcare Association||$7,900|
|Oregon Soft Drink Association||$4,000|
|New Media Northwest||$3,000|
|Associated Oregon Industries||$3,000|
|Total Raised in 2012||$104,511|
|Source:Follow the Money|
Davis and his wife, Sarah, have one child.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "John + Davis + Oregon + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Oregon House of Representatives
- House Committees
- Oregon State Legislature
- Joint Committees
- Oregon state legislative districts
- Profile from the Oregon House of Representatives
- Profile from Open States
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign contributions: 2012
- Project Vote Smart, "Biography of Rep. Davis," accessed May 25, 2014
- Oregon Secretary of State, "Official Results - May 20, 2014 Primary Election," accessed July 8, 2014
- Oregon Secretary of State, "Candidate Filing," accessed March 17, 2014
- Oregon Secretary of State, "Candidate Filings for the House," accessed July 17, 2012
- Oregon Live, "Republicans pick John Davis to replace Rep. Matt Wingard as GOP nominee in House District 26," July 9, 2012
- followthemoney.org, "Davis, John," accessed June 13, 2013
Matt Wingard (R)
|Oregon House of Representatives - District 26
| Succeeded by|