|Former candidate for|
|Michigan House of Representatives, District 73|
- This article is about the Michigan state House candidate. For the 2012 U.S. House candidate from Connecticut, see John Henry Decker.
Decker's website highlighted the following campaign themes:
- Excerpt: "Unemployment and underemployment are still major concerns in Michigan. Those individuals that are trying to find work or improve themselves to take better care of their families need the State’s help with training and education."
- Excerpt: "We must protect our State’s natural resources so that future generations can enjoy Michigan the way I have enjoyed it for decades"
- Excerpt: "What we need to do in Lansing is to work on the generational poverty, instead of generation after generation of families living in poverty and never experiencing some of the successes we take for granted."
- Excerpt: "I am also a Pro Life advocate. This is a personal belief as well as one that I follow in my faith. Life is sacred."
- Excerpt: "I believe in the firearm rights established by the Constitution as well as State laws. I own firearms that I hunt with and have a Michigan concealed carry license."
Elections for the office of Michigan House of Representatives will take place in 2014. A primary election was held on August 5, 2014, and a general election will take place on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was April 22, 2014. Mary Polonowski was unopposed in the Democratic primary. Chris Afendoulis defeated six other challengers in the Republican primary. Polonowski faces Afendoulis in the general election.
In 2014, Decker's endorsements included the following:
- Farm Bureau AgriPac - as an advocate of agriculture
- Dr. Michael Shibler, Superintendent of Rockford Public Schools, one of the largest districts in Michigan
- Tom Pearce, Former 73rd District State Representative
- Great Lakes Education Project - a champion for Kids and Public Education
- Small Business Association of Michigan - received their Stamp of Approval
- James D Kimball - Northwestern Mutual
- Matthew Berger - Berger Chevrolet
- Gib Tinney - Tinney Automotive
- Ginny Seyferth & Bob Boss - Seyferth PR
- David Grooters - Discovery Financial
- Right to Life of Michigan
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "John + Decker + Michigan + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Michigan House of Representatives
- Michigan House of Representatives District 73
- Michigan House of Representatives elections, 2014
- Michigan State Legislature
- Official campaign website
- Legislative Profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Profile from Vote-USA
- John Decker on Facebook
- Michigan Secretary of State, "2014 Official Michigan Primary Candidate Listing," accessed May 27, 2014
- electjohndecker.com, "Why John?," accessed July 31, 2014
- Michigan Secretary of State, "Representative in State Legislature," accessed August 6, 2014
- Michigan Secretary of State, "2014 Official Michigan General Candidate Listing," accessed September 8, 2014
- electjohndecker.com, "Endorsements," accessed July 31, 2014
- Right to Life of Michigan, "Elections," accessed June 18, 2014
State of Michigan
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor General | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Director of Agriculture and Rural Development | Director of Natural Resources | Director of Labor and Economic Growth | Chairman of Public Service Commission |
Michigan Supreme Court | Supreme Court Elections | Court of Appeals | First Circuit Court of Appeals | Second Circuit Court of Appeals | Third Circuit Court of Appeals | Fourth Circuit Court of Appeals | List of Michigan Circuit Courts | Judicial Nominating Commission | Judicial news | Judicial activist organizations |